Unable to order a manual transmission

rba89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JLU
I placed my order for a manual JLU on 2/15. I just received a phone call from Jeep, notifying me that there was a delay with the manual transmission and there is no timeframe for when production would start again. I was given, and declined, the option to change the order to an automatic, which would move the build to the front of the queue.
Sponsored

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I placed my order for a manual JLU on 2/15. I just received a phone call from Jeep, notifying me that there was a delay with the manual transmission and there is no timeframe for when production would start again. I was given, and declined, the option to change the order to an automatic, which would move the build to the front of the queue.
Thanks for the info Ryan.

PSUmech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2020 JLUR on order
I got the same phone call today. Tough decision! I really don't like having a completely unknown schedule. With all the positive reviews of the auto I'm really considering making the change.

GHOSTRIDER

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Dodge Durango SRT, 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 (sold), 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
I decided not to wait and ordered the automatic...with traffic in my area it will be easier to deal with anyways...at least that's what i keep telling myself

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
If Jeep is calling people with orders asking them to switch, they really don't know when the manual will return. Since I've been on this forum I don't think I've read about Jeep calling people and asking them to switch options on their orders.

Sponsored

PSUmech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that doesn't give me any hope that manuals will be built anytime soon. Not accepting any new manual orders seemed like a red flag to me. If it was just a scheduling thing or a routine parts shortage they would just quote a longer lead time. Nobody (the person that called me, jeep chat, my salesman) has any idea on why the stop or when it could resume. The person from FCA that called me mentioned something like 300 orders being affected.

I'm strongly considering moving to the dark side of auto...

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys / 88' BMW 528e LS Swap / MK7 GTI
Occupation
Chair Force
Got the same call a couple of weeks back. Made the switch last week and my Jeep was put into production today. First auto car ever. I don’t know what I’m going to do with all of my free time driving now. :LOL:

PSUmech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the same call a couple of weeks back. Made the switch last week and my Jeep was put into production today. First auto car ever. I don’t know what I’m going to do with all of my free time driving now. :LOL:
Was your switch to auto no charge, or did your order just change and your vehicle price reflect the added cost of the auto?

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chair Force
Was your switch to auto no charge, or did your order just change and your vehicle price reflect the added cost of the auto?
I was told either I pay to upgrade, or I wait an "unknown" amount of time for the parts to come in for the manual. I was torn, but slept on it for a week and did some more research on the auto. I'm happy with my decision, for now.

Sponsored

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chair Force
I'm gonna wait it out. Heck I waited over 6 months for Sarge Green to become a reality, what's a few weeks/months more!!??

I feel ya! Love the Sarge Green, especially on the willys, but I absolutely fell in love with Sting Gray the first time I saw it.

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chair Force
Yes! Sting Gray is my second choice...and I still have not seen Sarge in person. BTW, you have good taste in colors.
Back at ya brotha. I have only seen pictures online of the Sarge, none in person either. Im sure ill drool over it when I move to florida in a few weeks and start seeing them everywhere.

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
I was told either I pay to upgrade, or I wait an "unknown" amount of time for the parts to come in for the manual. I was torn, but slept on it for a week and did some more research on the auto. I'm happy with my decision, for now.
Don't worry the zf 8 speed is probably the best (non-dual clutch regular torque converter) auto ever made. It's nothing like traditional slush boxes at all!

lil_waynes_colon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Chair Force
Don't worry the zf 8 speed is probably the best (non-dual clutch regular torque converter) auto ever made. It's nothing like traditional slush boxes at all!
Thanks for the reassurance. The wife is happy (she also has always driven/ enjoyed manual trans). But wanted to switch it up this time when we were initially ordering. I got my way and ordered the manual, but obviously the hault in production happened. I think we will be happy. The ONLY feature I wish I could have completely removed from the vehicle is the auto start/ stop. But I will ensure I disable it every time I get in the car, until I find a way to disable it for good! lol
Sponsored