Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The clutch plate isn't the issue, the PRESSURE PLATE is. Are they " close " ? Technical descriptions do matter, and a wiring harness routed where it could be severed by by an exploding PRESSURE PLATE is not ruled out yet.
Apologies, I did mis-type when I wrote clutch plate, I meant pressure plate and I will correct that post. What I am saying is MY impression of this is that the cause of the problem as stated by a dealership employee is not the wiring harness. I see no way a wiring harness causes the pressure plate to explode.
Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
The clutch plate isn't the issue, the PRESSURE PLATE is. Are they " close " ? Technical descriptions do matter, and a wiring harness routed where it could be severed by by an exploding PRESSURE PLATE is not ruled out yet.
The pressure plate is also known as the clutch pressure plate....meaning they are the same thing...the clutch "disc" being a separate component. If you're going to be pedantic, at least be correct also. And a severed 12V harness isn't going to burn up vehicles....especially on the exterior.

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
This recall does show that the information you were given about it just being " due to a harness mounted too close to the converter " and "The transmission itself is not the culprit" were incorrect. Not your fault if this is what you were told but too bad FCA couldn't give factual information to you since you represent the product.
Although I donā€™t want to argue, I make it a point to corroborate the information I share before I put it in print. That being said, I am compelled to clarify my previous post with additional details.
Unfortunately the wiring harness fires are a separate issue (a limited number of 2018-2019 models) from the clutch pressure plate recall that was just announced. The clutch is in fact, not inside the transmission but is housed in the bell outside the transmission. Thus ā€˜the transmission itself is not the culpritā€™ is an accurate statement.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Hello world! I'm new but I've been lurking here for well over a year. I tried to order a 2020 JLUR about 2 weeks ago but my dealer said the factory wasn't taking new allocations for manual transmissions. Then yesterday he sent me a text saying he's able to order them again. I called him to confirm. So today I'm putting down the deposit. I'll update if something changes.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Debris, hot metal fragments, from a rapidly spinning clutch plate assembly, that sever fuel and wiring harness, could certainly start a fire, a sparking harness, fuel, burn !

Sponsored

Benagi

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Debris, hot metal fragments, from a rapidly spinning clutch plate assembly, that sever fuel and wiring harness, could certainly start a fire, a sparking harness, fuel, burn !
Thatā€™s what I was going to say but you beat me to it. Nice dog.

Bryan1

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thatā€™s what I was going to say but you beat me to it. Nice dog.
Hello world! I'm new but I've been lurking here for well over a year. I tried to order a 2020 JLUR about 2 weeks ago but my dealer said the factory wasn't taking new allocations for manual transmissions. Then yesterday he sent me a text saying he's able to order them again. I called him to confirm. So today I'm putting down the deposit. I'll update if something changes.
Your dealer was correct! I ordered my sport s 6 cyl. manual transmission yesterday. dealer initially told me no, then after checking for himself he realized orders were being accepted

Sponsored

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
This recall does show that the information you were given about it just being " due to a harness mounted too close to the converter " and "The transmission itself is not the culprit" were incorrect. Not your fault if this is what you were told but too bad FCA couldn't give factual information to you since you represent the product.
Well, this sucks, but what can we do about it. I worry that the info about starting back up again in April (only two weeks away) isn't accurate. ....wait till April with high hopes we can get our builds started, just to find out it's going to be another few weeks, then another, another,.........

webertiger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Occupation
Physics and Astronomy Teacher
Confirming what @Bryan1 is saying. Ordered a 2dr Rubicon Manual yesterday. Checked it this morning and the order was excepted and has been assigned a VON. Good sign this isn't going to be a major impact for to long.
So, Paul, my jeep has been on order since the beginning of February. Will I be at the front of the line? Do they build the manual transmission at same time as the automatics or do they produce one for a while and then the other?

Don't know how much you know but it's more than me!

PSUmech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR, 2020 JLUR on order
I was just told that production (and shipments) are expected to resume this month! Sounds like a good sign.

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
Happy dance!:jk::clap:

OP
OP
Sbelcher

Sbelcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
We were able to order our manual Jeep, yesterday! Got the VIN today! Leon at Criswell has been awesome! He has been in touch with us about updates and contacted us as soon as he could place the order.
Sponsored