Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's official, Wrangler and Gladiator manual transmission vehicles are now on recall. In stock vehicles are on stop-sale and ordering is suspended for the foreseeable future.
This recall does show that the information you were given about it just being " due to a harness mounted too close to the converter " and "The transmission itself is not the culprit" were incorrect. Not your fault if this is what you were told but too bad FCA couldn't give factual information to you since you represent the product.
Sponsored

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
Just got back from the dealer and she told me the same thing. Can't even place an order, April at the earliest. They are also not able to sell any manuals on the lot.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Just got back from the dealer and she told me the same thing. Can't even place an order, April at the earliest. They are also not able to sell any manuals on the lot.
Hold up......time out......can't sell any manuals on the lot.......

Sounds like a recall coming for sure. And all the while they probably knew this was coming for a year or more. Wonder if they swept any of the really bad ones under the rug? Little hush money sprinkled around might do it.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
It's official, Wrangler and Gladiator manual transmission vehicles are now on recall. In stock vehicles are on stop-sale and ordering is suspended for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the info Kevin. I will be sending Leon my auto trans JL order info for a price quote tomorrow.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Just left the dealer. They didn’t even know but checked while I was there. They did see it but said it’ll be a while before they will get parts and all that. Apparently there are 78 or so in my area affected by this one. Lol, didn’t realize there were that many manuals in my area.

So I guess in the mean time, we wait for them to notify us to bring it in for the recall work.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This recall does show that the information you were given about it just being " due to a harness mounted too close to the converter " and "The transmission itself is not the culprit" were incorrect. Not your fault if this is what you were told but too bad FCA couldn't give factual information to you since you represent the product.
It ISN'T the transmission, it's the PRESSURE PLATE. The W-12 pre- recall spells it out, so the transmission isn't the culprit..

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
It ISN'T the transmission, it's the PRESSURE PLATE. The W-12 pre- recall spells it out, so the transmission isn't the culprit..
Sort of semantics considering the pressure plate is inside the transmission housing, and the transmission is what is getting the hole blown in the bottom of it.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Not to mention manual transmissions don't have a [torque] converter.

Turchman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 VW Tiguan, 2001 Infinity
Occupation
Engineer and Quality Manager
Not to mention manual transmissions don't have a [torque] converter.
I’m guessing they are referring to the catalytic converters.

dd31

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
so is the pressure plate damaging fuel lines to cause the fires? Or is it starting an electrical fire?

Sponsored

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I agree it isn't the transmission but the pressure plate is darn close and the fire problem certainly isn't a "wiring harness".

Last edited:

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Patiently waiting for orders to re-open. Won’t settle on an automatic. If anyone hears any news, your continued updates to this thread are greatly appreciated!

Humthis04

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Likewise
Patiently waiting for orders to re-open. Won’t settle on an automatic. If anyone hears any news, your continued updates to this thread are greatly appreciated!
Likewise; I'm in the same boat. Actually have money on a 6spd JLUR sitting on the lot. The 8-sp auto works well, but I still want a manual.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I agree it isn't the transmission but the clutch plate is darn close and the fire problem certainly isn't a "wiring harness".
The clutch plate isn't the issue, the PRESSURE PLATE is. Are they " close " ? Technical descriptions do matter, and a wiring harness routed where it could be severed by by an exploding PRESSURE PLATE is not ruled out yet.
Sponsored