Unable to order a manual transmission

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR on order, 2020 Ram Limited, 2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, 1967 C-10
From what I’ve seen no fix for the recall has been implemented yet. With that being said my dealer told us they were advised to expect early June delivery of our 2/6 order.
Sponsored

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
I'm in a similar boat. I placed my original order (for a Sarge Willys 2dr) on 2/19 only to have it fail to go through on 2/20 when manual transmission orders were stopped. So then I placed a new order (for a HellaYella Rubicon 2dr) on 3/14. We all know what happened after that.

I've wondered at the propriety of canceling+re-ordering because I sometimes have minor doubts about HellaYella.

But I need to trust my gut. ;)

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Do you think it’s possible that they have changed implemented for new builds but have not finalized a plan of action for fixing the recalled units?

6spdjeep

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU HA, 2020 JLU Sahara (Lemon), 2017 GC Hemi
Do you think it’s possible that they have changed implemented for new builds but have not finalized a plan of action for fixing the recalled units?
I am really hoping that is what has happened. I really don’t want to wait much longer!

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like plants won't be opening until 5/18 at the earliest now.

Sponsored

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
Playing around on the Jeep website - you can now search for manual transmission wranglers. Also one of my locals dealers does too. A change from the other day.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There is a plan of action for the recall. Owners should have been notified by now.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Who’s in D1 status? What was your order date and do you have your “tentative” build date?

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a recall for the clutch. FCA W12 recall. 33,237 Wranglers and Gladiators affected.

The recall is supposedly running ahead of schedule from Federal requirements.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2020/RCMN-20V124-7584.pdf
Correct, there is a recall. The 2nd to last line states that the remedy is under development and that the dealers will be notified when ready. I haven't heard of a dealer that has been notified as of yet.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Correct, there is a recall. The 2nd to last line states that the remedy is under development and that the dealers will be notified when ready. I haven't heard of a dealer that has been notified as of yet.
Owner letters went out last week, parts are available now for the recall.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

recall is rediculous. they're not fixing the problem at all... a heat sleeve on the cooling line and moving the wiring....... that is not a proper fix at all. I expect way better from the Jeep. replace the clutch that is failing like you should. guess ill have to order a stupid expensive center-force clutch in that wont catch my jeep on fire. pretty disappointed. i will be calling for an appointment in the next day or two to " have the recall done" but the wiring is not going to be rerouted better than when they replaced my rear main seal that was leaking with 3800 miles on it and left the wiring hanging off the side of the transmission. :surprised: i mean its like the mechanics give zero care to warranty/ recall work @JeepCares

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

the recall says they will install a Protective Heat Sleeve and re-route the transmission wiring harness.... this is not a fix to a bad clutch friction plate this is just a quick fix to hope the amount of jeep fires goes down and not a fix to keep you from being without a jeep for a week and a half while a dealer fights with Jeep to get parts and then another week to get parts and then another week to install and "TEST" the parts. So Disappointed in this terrible so called "FIX" I love my Manual transmission that is for sure but upset about the unnerving feeling of not knowing when my friction plate is going to blow apart and ill hope to get to my fire extinguisher fast enough to get it out before a total loss of my beautiful jeep.

6spdjeep

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU HA, 2020 JLU Sahara (Lemon), 2017 GC Hemi
I am curious if there are different improvements for vehicles that are waiting to be built. I can't imagine they will continue installing faulty clutches.

2020JLUR6spd

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its nice to see that "Jeepcares" responds to this, but still won't respond to me as when to expect the JLUR I ordered 2/6.....
Sponsored