Sponsored

Ultimate no-lift goal

Maxfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I believe if you are running Moab, Rubicon and many other extreme trails, perhaps 37-40s with a lift of your choice should be considered. Normal trail riding, I’ll go 35s and skid armor. Just my thoughts.
Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
dont lift it...

I love the stock on 37s look. My inner fenders aren’t happy, but they won’t be on there too much longer.

5442DBCE-8A1C-4B70-A36F-B1696EF58CFD.jpeg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'd like to see where you go with your build. :like:

I got the JL to replace my 4.5" lifted LJ on 35's. I think most of the down side was going to the heavier tires. I've resisted bigger tires so far, but added a winch and better recovery gear. Soft top on order. Will see where it goes.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see where you go with your build. :like:

I got the JL to replace my 4.5" lifted LJ on 35's. I think most of the down side was going to the heavier tires. I've resisted bigger tires so far, but added a winch and better recovery gear. Soft top on order. Will see where it goes.
I feel ya.

I Sold the LJ to my pops last month. He sent a list of requested upgrades.

B39B4E24-2990-496C-9FE3-34DA81B149DE.jpeg

Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
37s? Wow, I'm hesitant to go 35s on stock height. hmmm, interesting
its real nice, not contact lock to lock, but you couldnt wheel it like this. the rear inner fenders are in contact with the wheels under articulation.

i plan to run it as is, and remove/modify stuff that hits. i really like the look.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@LunchBoxFab
So normal driving duty has no rubbing issues?
confirmed.

on big bumps the rear will rub the inner fender. mind you i have a roof rack, the evo tire carrier and a really heavy double beadlock and 37 to weigh it down. i can only assume the clearance would be better without all that weight too.

small note, these are aftermarket wheels. i cannot comment on 37s on stock wheels.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have no plans for a lift but did move to 35s with a -12 offset so it looks pretty badass and still drives like a dream

OP
OP
plex

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Some updates to my build.

I have installed 315 KO2, and swap the stock shocks with Falcon. I don't know if it is placebo, but now my Jeep really planted on the ground. Falcon shocks and steering stabilizer make the JL very responsive, so I found I drove much faster than before. The new shocks also help the nose diving and body roll.

The MPG is not affected, I think the Rubicon 4.10 gears handle 315 KO2 very well, since it is like a 33.5 tire and weight pretty much the same as stock tires.

The wider and taller tires with no lift, really makes an aggressive stance.

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2309 (1).JPG

IMG_2311 (1).JPG

IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Looks nice I like your idea for a build! When we got our Jeep I was saying how I wanted to leave it mostly stock and add some 35s. The boyfriend convinced me to go 37s so we got a lift too ha! I think either way still produces an awesome Jeep! If I were daily driving this thing I'd definitely consider the 33-35 inch tires with a few suspension upgrades and under armor. That way you can mostly have it all :D

hai5rockin

First Name
Hai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patriot, MOAB 19
Hey neighbor,
I'm going the same way you are with my new girl (wife calls her my second Mistress, after my tj)
You have a Rubicon, this is way more capable off road stock than my cj's or tj was. I had to do serious lifts to run 33/35s and they can be put on yours (and my jlu Rubicon) off the lot. If you're going rock crawling add skid plates so you don't damage anything underneath. Oklahoma red clays blows goats also.

As far as the big bad lifters,
1) you can do 99.5% of the things they do on the trails. Learning with stock makes a better wheeler when you decide to go bigger.
2) most are posers compensating... lol
You forgot *mic drop* ;)

rocketship41

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK350
I'm a long time Jeeper, my Dad got a CJ somewhere around 1980 and got me hooked... anyway, I've had em' all, lifted them all, and been all over the country 4wheelin' and driving fast - lol. I found this thread and I'm doing the same - trying to keep it low, drivable, and capable. Sold my 2015 AEV JK350 last week. It was good, loved it. Now I'm trying to set my new rig up without a lift!

2020 Rubicon - 2.0 Turbo (love the way that sounds)
Nitto Trail Grappler MTs 35 1150 17
Mopar Simulated Beadlocks
Warn Winch - heavy!
Maximus 3 mounting system - heavy
Maximus winch guard
Rockslide Engineering sliders - heavy
Dominion Stealth Hi Lift mount - kinda heavy

We shall see - how are you guys doing with yours? This no lift thing is a big decision! lol.

So, I bought mine in Iowa and drove it back to Colorado - cruise set at 95 most of the way. Drove killer! Would like to keep that on this one.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
While I originally didn’t want a lift, a recent trip to Moab proves that a stock JLUR just won’t work for the trails I do. I ran Golden Spike and turned turtle 10 times, requiring a push or pull to get me going again. I’ll be installing a used Mopar 2” lift and 35s soon. The long wheelbase of the 4 door just requires more ground clearance; I think a 2 door on 35s would have made it just fine.