imbuere

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Data Science
No lift is my goal as well... but I'm worried about weight. I've not been able to find HD springs at stock height... so I'm worried some day I'll have to cave as well.

If I do, I'll likely do the AEV 2.5. Let's hope that 2.5 is off a Sport and not Rubicon.

Anyone know of HD stock height springs?

Advertisement

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
No lift is my goal as well... but I'm worried about weight. I've not been able to find HD springs at stock height... so I'm worried some day I'll have to cave as well.

If I do, I'll likely do the AEV 2.5. Let's hope that 2.5 is off a Sport and not Rubicon.

Anyone know of HD stock height springs?
Airbags? Someone makes bag’s that sit inside the rear coils I believe. Not sure about the front.

imbuere

First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Data Science
Last edited:

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR dingy, Ram3500 diesel 4x4 Tiger RV
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
union sheet metal worker (retired 2008)
Vehicle Showcase
There are a LOT of Wranglers towed behind motorhomes. We'll tow ours each summer to Colorado and Utah mostly. In interest of safety while towing, I want to keep as low a center of gravity as possible. I'm hoping when my stock tires wear, I'll change to the 315's and be done. Possibly add the Mopar 2" lift, but I'm not sure how that would affect towing stability?
My 2019 JLR has just over 10,000 and has another 10k+ being flat towed. I run a Mopar lift with 37’s and without the RV rear View camera wouldn’t even know it was back there.
loon lake ca..jpg

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR dingy, Ram3500 diesel 4x4 Tiger RV
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
union sheet metal worker (retired 2008)
Vehicle Showcase
So this is going to be a non-popular build, as I am trying to achieve a goal: build a premium on-road daily driver with some degrees of off-road performance. One thing I really like is the stock geometry of JLUR. I am not a big fan of monster truck-ish build, and unfortunately, I am a minority in the Jeep community. As I am talking to my local offroad shop, they even laugh at me like why do you even buy a Wrangler if you are not going to lift.

Well to each of its own, I just like the way Rubicon comes with almost 1" lift and 33. Remember in the JK days, 33 is actually considered a large tire, and now for JL 35 is the new 33, and 37 is the new 35. So I am pretty sure the next iteration of Wrangler Rubicon will come with 35 standard, well, if EPA has not completely neutered it.

There are several pros with no lift.

Pros:
  • Easy to get in and out. For me, I have two lovely daughters aged 2 and 5, so this will yield a happy wife say no less.
  • Less potential warranty issue with asshole dealership.
  • Minimal altering to factory engineering design, so you are backed by the hundreds of thousands miles road test by the factory.
  • Less money spent. For me, if I am going to lift then I need to buy new tires otherwise the fender well will look empty, for new 35+ tire then I need to modify the tailgate, also I will regear and has to reprogram. See this is like a chain reaction for me because I want to do things right if I am going to lift. So it is like a $3000+ investment for less MPG, less comfortable, and less a lot of things.
Cons:
  • Not badass look. I can take that, and I am a pretty low-key person so that actually works for me.
  • Prepare to be laughed by other fellow Jeepers, especially those who own "big bad mean rigs"!
  • Has to wrench by yourself, since most off-road shops will not profit from you and they are likely going to turn you away.
However, no lift does not mean any mod. I am still going to put on many mods on my Jeep. This will be the post I document them.
OP, just wondering how you are feeling about your build 15 months in. I started out with a no or 1” lift goal. In the first 3 months I realized that wasn’t going to work for me. I’ve owned and wheeled(not a DD’r) mine since 3/19 and am loving the Mopar lift with 37’s.

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
I’m working on my no lift build. Just added 33s and some sway bar disconnects. I’m not looking to rock crawl with the disconnects, just improve the articulation over the rocky and rutty parts of the local trails. I haven’t gone out with the upgrades, if they rub too much, I might consider a 1.5” spacer leveling/lift. I’m really happy with the look and how it drives; my wife uses it as a daily errand runner and it’s important she still feels comfortable.

B679F121-8CAF-4C9F-86AB-B73F62C090C5.jpeg

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Sport S 2019
Hey same here! We can do almost everything the lifted jeeps can do, and if you ever had to sell the jeep you didnt lose too much money from all the modding.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey same here! We can do almost everything the lifted jeeps can do, and if you ever had to sell the jeep you didnt lose too much money from all the modding.
You also miss out on all the headaches that come along with all the mods, and the chain reaction of changing one thing leading to needing to change another thing, etc. I'm in the camp that has done a lot of mods to the couple Jeeps I've owned, but there is no way I'd do it if I wasn't into rock crawling. Wouldn't be worth it.

Advertisement

Quake LED

Advertisement