Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep wrangler 2 door 6MT soft top
Occupation
rocket scientist
Clubs

I wonder if there could be a way to use a factory Rubicon locker switch set and some custom wireing
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about that when I did mine, but I couldn’t figure out how to get around the nanny in the computer that restricts you to 4 lo only. Not very techy more of a caveman. The factory harness is a four wire harness and the Mopar replacement harness is only two(hot and ground). I just took computer out of the equation for now. You can use tazer mini if you have the 11.0.7 update, but I’ve got the beta version installed and the lockers enable doesn’t work as good on mine, as wired direct. IMO it’s the best that Jeep can be when you can use lockers in 2wd, 4h or 4lo. I get on trail I lock the rear and put in 4 h and forget it, no worries, or waiting for wheel slip or any of that nonsense. Ok I’m getting off the soap box now :).

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Another note on this I would like to add.

The synergy Tie rod does come in contact with the factory steering stabilizer mount on the axle at full lock (Only full lock turned passenger) but it is very slight and hardly takes paint off. I will likely grind some of the bracket off because that is how close it is to clearing. Only reason it rubs is due to how beefy the brackets are.

All of the outers, unit bearings, knuckles and brakes went together perfectly as well!

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Does the E locker hook up to the factory Rubicon locker switch?
I have a sport so I just used my Aux switch 1. A few post above this one a roky talks about how the Rubicon switch talks with the computer which is a pain if you want to use the locker outside of 4lo. So it is possible to use the factory switch if you wanted.

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Looks like you got the locker wire figured out. I was going to suggest following the breather tube which is exactly what you did. I did that with my TJ and it has worked well :fist bump:

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
So you only did the front axle?
Yeah I already have the 44 in the rear with the lsd. So I just geared it to 5.13’s. Eventually I’ll add something in a few years when the clutch packs in the trak-loc wear out.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yeah I already have the 44 in the rear with the lsd. So I just geared it to 5.13’s. Eventually I’ll add something in a few years when the clutch packs in the trak-loc wear out.
Ahh so that was the 30 coming off the front. I don’t know why I assumed it was a Rubicon.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I have a sport so I just used my Aux switch 1. A few post above this one a roky talks about how the Rubicon switch talks with the computer which is a pain if you want to use the locker outside of 4lo. So it is possible to use the factory switch if you wanted.
It sounds like the Rubicon switch coupled with Tazer might do the trick.

Sponsored

mortsco

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
Didn’t need to change the drive shaft? Does the d44 ultimate have the same axle to driveshaft flange geometry as the d30 that it replaced?

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Didn’t need to change the drive shaft? Does the d44 ultimate have the same axle to driveshaft flange geometry as the d30 that it replaced?
Stock driveshaft works fine. Bolts up the same.

Kmag88

First Name
Kristinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 JK
Those axles look promising but I'm curious what the tube diameter is. Do you know that or could you perhaps measure it? Thanks!

OP
OP
intentsrig

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Those axles look promising but I'm curious what the tube diameter is. Do you know that or could you perhaps measure it? Thanks!
It’s 2.75 and .375 wall
Sponsored