UK Wrangler JL Venting Channel

kennware

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2.0 Ocean Blue Metallic
Just about to buy a JL myself, but this thread is severely worrying me...!
Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Just about to buy a JL myself, but this thread is severely worrying me...!
Well they have their problems/issues and build quality seems to vary but they also have a warranty. Mine has been sorted now,

I’ve never let the issues spoil my enjoyment of the Jeep.... or the not very good dealership I initially dealt with.

I don’t think the Wrangler is any different than say Land Rover in this regard. As consumers demand ever more complicated vehicles they become more likely to go wrong.

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
Hey folks here's a quick heads up that I just discovered my UK-spec 2018 JL is now showing the V41 recall to change out the steering stabiliser on the US Mopar website. You can check your VIN here:

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

The date of the safety recall is 6th of June so I'll be on to Jeep customer services as to why I still haven't received anything in the mail 2 months later :mad:
Check the page you indicated and enter my VIN number and the V41 recall appeared, check with my dealer and in fact I check it and next day 4 I have an appointment at the workshop to proceed to the replacement.

Thanks for the warning.

OP
OP
GeeBee

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So a quick update on the V41 recall. I got a call from Jeep customer services in Italy with a response to my complaint about not receiving a recall letter in the post. Apparently this is because V41 is a 'Customer Satisfaction Notification and not a safety recall and therefore should get picked up by your local dealer when it's next booked in for servicing/other work'.

This is confusing as it contradicts the MOPAR website which does call it a Safety Recall, plus our USA counterparts do seem to be getting recall letters albeit in a phased pattern. My guess is that FCA Europe don't have enough replacement parts to go round and they're stalling for time.

upload_2019-8-29_11-9-12.png

UKJeep2018

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Wrangler Sahara
Just had complaints from my neighbours about my car alarm going off....at 3 in the morning. So it’ll have to stay disabled until it gets solved.

Looks like a trip to the dealer. I just had my V26 recall done and probably should have mentioned the car alarm, but it stopped going off since January so I didn’t bother.

My dealer don’t seem to be aware of the issue.

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I’m booked in at the dealership next Thursday 12/9 to have the V41 recall done. They have the parts.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Just had complaints from my neighbours about my car alarm going off....at 3 in the morning. So it’ll have to stay disabled until it gets solved.

Looks like a trip to the dealer. I just had my V26 recall done and probably should have mentioned the car alarm, but it stopped going off since January so I didn’t bother.

My dealer don’t seem to be aware of the issue.
I had the alarm problem. It was resolved when the dealership replaced the auxiliary battery to solve my ESS failure.

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Arnold Clark did the V41 work on mine last week.
Steering feels slightly stiffer now and seems to have less wandering in a straight line.
But I never experienced the death wobble symptoms with the old set up.

Would be interesting to hear what you think about the handling with the new damper fitted.

Given comments about incorrect fitting on other V41 posts AND the problems I've had with Arnold Clark, I took a quick look underneath and the "bulge" is at the bottom!

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Arnold Clark did the V41 work on mine last week.
Steering feels slightly stiffer now and seems to have less wandering in a straight line.
But I never experienced the death wobble symptoms with the old set up.

Would be interesting to hear what you think about the handling with the new damper fitted.

Given comments about incorrect fitting on other V41 posts AND the problems I've had with Arnold Clark, I took a quick look underneath and the "bulge" is at the bottom!
Hi Tony... given that I have no complaints about my steering I have some trepidation about having the recall done! I’ll post about the outcome.

Did you get any resolution to your other issues?

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
The faster you go the worse it is, little disconcerting at 70 plus

Sponsored

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Hi John... After a discussion yesterday with Jeep in Italy, we've decided to switch to a different dealer to get the ESS sorted.

Now booked in to Stoneacre, Cleckheaton for the 20th September.
Hopefully they will be more successful than Arnold Clark.

The most annoying thing with AC was their complete lack of understanding of the concept of customer care.
  • Lengthy waits in reception.
  • Couldn't care less attitude.
  • Numerous failures to answer telephone calls.
  • Numerous failures to call back after messages left with their general reception.
  • Failure to note down correctly the list of faults needing attention.
I could forgive the delays in resolving some of the technical issues if they had handled the customer interface in a different manner.

I've contacted the Customer Services team at Arnold Clark's Head Office to register my concerns.
I won't be going back there but it may help other customers in the future if they are put under pressure to get their act together.
And I have made my opinion on the state of this dealership very clear to Jeep in Italy.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Hi John... After a discussion yesterday with Jeep in Italy, we've decided to switch to a different dealer to get the ESS sorted.

Now booked in to Stoneacre, Cleckheaton for the 20th September.
Hopefully they will be more successful than Arnold Clark.

The most annoying thing with AC was their complete lack of understanding of the concept of customer care.
  • Lengthy waits in reception.
  • Couldn't care less attitude.
  • Numerous failures to answer telephone calls.
  • Numerous failures to call back after messages left with their general reception.
  • Failure to note down correctly the list of faults needing attention.
I could forgive the delays in resolving some of the technical issues if they had handled the customer interface in a different manner.

I've contacted the Customer Services team at Arnold Clark's Head Office to register my concerns.
I won't be going back there but it may help other customers in the future if they are put under pressure to get their act together.
And I have made my opinion on the state of this dealership very clear to Jeep in Italy.
Good. a new dealership is a new start isn’t it. Let’s hope they sort you’re issues.

A new auxiliary battery fixed my ESS and alarm problems

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Lucky !, no issues for this type of vehicle or no issues at all? , what PSI you running at ?
Well I think it’s quite clear what I said. I’m not speaking for anybody else.

I have the tyres at 36 psi
Sponsored