UK owners/potential owners - SKY one-touch roof

Skyman

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 JL Rubicon
I am thinking of adding a five door Overland spec to my three door Rubicon, to act as a daily driver and for longer trips (650 miles) from U.K. to my house in France. I fancy the retractable canvas roof, but it does not appear on the Jeep UK configurator and the dealers with whom I have spoken are a bit woolly as to availability. Has anyone any knowledge they can share on the subject - price, availability, factory order only etc? Thanks.
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
It shows up on the 2019 Jeep brochure. I checked the UK configurator, but I had trouble finding anything.

Here in the U.S, its a $3995 or €3194 add-on. There are usually plenty on dealer lots here, but I don’t know how it would be in the UK. I have a slight feeling they don’t stock as many sliding tops there, due it being slightly more complex than a regular hard top.

I would suggest ordering and checking with your dealer on availability. Most likely, it’ll be available.

OP
OP
Skyman

Skyman

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 JL Rubicon
^^^Thanks. The U.K. configurator is indeed very........average. And, yes. The U.K. weather is probably a contributing factor to the rarity of this type of roof. Here in France it is 35c, so no such worries! My shorty Rubicon has not seen it’s roof for three months!

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I imagine the Sky one-touch roof would have to be a factory order. I’m not aware of anybody in the U.K. who has one.

The Wranglers that dealerships have as demonstrators tend to be to a fixed spec. Most of the very few on the road in the UK have been bought as ex demonstrators. That’s how I bought mine, I’m afraid I didn’t have the patience to wait 6-9 months for a factory order when they clearly didn’t actually know how long it would be.

Have you been quoted a delivery schedule for a factory order?

OP
OP
Skyman

Skyman

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 JL Rubicon
^^^Initial enquiries regarding factory orders have been in the range “no such thing” to 4 months (uninformed optimistic) to 9 months (really?). The dealer who supplied my three door has in stock a direct from Jeep UK truck with said roof - but it is pretty much the opposite of my preferred spec, being diesel, orange and a Rubicon!

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
@Skyman

If you would consider a soft top instead @GeeBee has an unused one for sale, he’s in Scotland.
Sponsored