Sponsored

UK JL with surface halo’s / DAB radio

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
So I have installed these today and they work / look great.

only problem is when on they seem to ‘block’ Digital radio signals, is there a frequency clash with DAB and the LED driver?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Do Oracle still sponsor this site? do they normally answer questions? have also sent direct.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Our staff isn't on the forums during the weekend, but we are happy to help! How do you have the halos wired and what are you tapping into?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. Our staff isn't on the forums during the weekend, but we are happy to help! How do you have the halos wired and what are you tapping into?
hi thanks for the reply , Halo’s are driven from the fender DRL’s

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Okay DRLs don't usually have a constant 12V as you'll see that they drop down to 6V during the day. That could be causing the interference. We always suggest wiring the halos (or any LED parts) to a straight 12V source, such as the parking lights or ignition. You can also do a remote or switch to control it completely seperately.

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Okay DRLs don't usually have a constant 12V as you'll see that they drop down to 6V during the day. That could be causing the interference. We always suggest wiring the halos (or any LED parts) to a straight 12V source, such as the parking lights or ignition. You can also do a remote or switch to control it completely seperately.
So do you mean the two stage DRL operation? 12v (brightest) 6v (lower when main beam on)

I have wired to the 1st stage (brightest) as I don’t want them on with mains

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
can you advise what the output voltage is please?

also I ordered white but they have a very blue/purple tint ???

IMG_4296[1].JPG

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
can you advise what the output voltage is please?

also I ordered white but they have a very blue/purple tint ???

IMG_4296[1].JPG
Hey there, sorry for the delay as we've been closed the holiday. Let me check with our technicians about the voltage for you. As for the color, all our halos run at a cool white which is a 8000K in color due to the bright output.

EDIT: Our tech gave us this information for you. This should solve your issue!

"Every electronic component emits an electromagnetic frequency. In some cases, this frequency can interfere with radio antenna. There is an easy fix for this! All you need to do is install a ferrite clamp on your positive wires for your halos. This will kill the “noise” or interference emitted by these. Here’s a link where you can get these: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...bTfN-rHkRxld_JK0_9HvDOKPqszQCCS0aAgvWEALw_wcB"

Sponsored

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Hey there, sorry for the delay as we've been closed the holiday. Let me check with our technicians about the voltage for you. As for the color, all our halos run at a cool white which is a 8000K in color due to the bright output.

EDIT: Our tech gave us this information for you. This should solve your issue!

"Every electronic component emits an electromagnetic frequency. In some cases, this frequency can interfere with radio antenna. There is an easy fix for this! All you need to do is install a ferrite clamp on your positive wires for your halos. This will kill the “noise” or interference emitted by these. Here’s a link where you can get these: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fair-Rite/0443178281?qs=JTtBSkyWskhlZNzGDOYTOg==&gclid=Cj0KCQiAheXiBRD-ARIsAODSpWMfQfBJbJG-R-Wz-uAths4bTfN-rHkRxld_JK0_9HvDOKPqszQCCS0aAgvWEALw_wcB"
thanks for the reply,

for info the input is a constant 13.8v and the output is a constant 9v

I will try the ferrite clamp, have you not had this issue before, is the UK freq different to US?

Video here showing the problem;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yq54ntp4latclij/IMG_4321.MOV?dl=0

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
OK 4 on each side and every combination, has helped but station still drops out every few minutes.

Any other solution? , better suppression on the drivers?

I have the full OEM LED package, why don't they do this?

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
OK 4 on each side and every combination, has helped but station still drops out every few minutes.

Any other solution? , better suppression on the drivers?

I have the full OEM LED package, why don't they do this?
It is likely different frequency on the UK model that is causing interference we do not normally see here in the US.

Do you have the drivers grounded to the factory DRL common ground cable as well? You can move the ground to a chassis ground instead to prevent feedback.

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
It is likely different frequency on the UK model that is causing interference we do not normally see here in the US.

Do you have the drivers grounded to the factory DRL common ground cable as well? You can move the ground to a chassis ground instead to prevent feedback.
ground is direct to the main vehicle ground

OP
OP
Howi

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
As for the color, all our halos run at a cool white which is a 8000K in color due to the bright output.
hi there just a follow up on the color, can you supply rings that match the fender DRL ?
Sponsored