Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hi all

I am getting close to pushing the button on a UK Rubicon but (following a terrible experience with Arnold Clarke in greater Manchester just trying to VIEW a Jeep) I want to hear of any recommendations.

I am looking for a dealer that:
A - knows what they’re talking about
B - can service the cars correctly

I am happy to travel for the right dealer if they are knowledgable and mechanics used to working on them.

Many thanks
Sponsored

The Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0L
Falkirk were good with us, prior to that, Horsham was also, they used to have a very knowledgeable chap and I think they can even direct you to a guy whom does mods straight of the forecourt.

The Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0L
PS...had a similar experience in the Highlands, The local dealer is useless (Inverness). He had one Sahara demonstrator in back in 2018, bloke didn't have a clue when I asked him questions. We left with 'give us a bell' when you get stock in. They never did and they only had one Wrangler in. They are also useless mechanically with Jeeps. Aberdeen is the same.

We ended up ordering a JK from Horsham and picking it up on visiting family and the Rubi JL we just bought from Falkirk. They will even drive up here to pick up for a service and then drive it all the way back up again afterwards.

OP
OP
Elementad

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
PS...had a similar experience in the Highlands, The local dealer is useless (Inverness). He had one Sahara demonstrator in back in 2018, bloke didn't have a clue when I asked him questions. We left with 'give us a bell' when you get stock in. They never did and they only had one Wrangler in. They are also useless mechanically with Jeeps. Aberdeen is the same.

We ended up ordering a JK from Horsham and picking it up on visiting family and the Rubi JL we just bought from Falkirk. They will even drive up here to pick up for a service and then drive it all the way back up again afterwards.
Thanks for that. I know a friend of mine bought from a Scottish dealer as the English ones he spoke to weren’t providing decent levels of communication or service.

my experience of an arranged viewing went as follows:
1) Got to dealership where I had arranged to meet the salesman.
2) Dealership representative then said “not got one here and the salesman you spoke to is based at the other showroom. Go to the other one 6 miles or so away“
3) arrived at the other dealership to be told the salesman was in Preston driving another car back and would be another 40 minutes or so
4) I then asked if I could view the Rubicon whilst I was waiting for the salesman. They said “yes it’s over that end of the car park”.
Guess what... it wasn’t.
5) asked another salesman where it was and reply was “wrangler rubicon?? We don’t have those here.”

you can imagine what I was thinking...

I can’t even comprehend what after service would be like from there once they’ve got your money.

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
I would avoid Mangoletsi in Knutsford.

Had a nightmare purchase through them (although just 1 salesman really)

Servicing and aftercare/fixes pretty poor as well! :(

plus they charge £15 to sanitise your car! :clap::clap::clap:

Sponsored

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
I know! , its the principle, everybody else seems to be covering costs to adapt for Covid, nobody else is passing the costs on to the customers, Pubs/shops etc.

Had a service at Porsche and Mini recently, no charges to hand back sanitised vehicle.

And they charged for Courtesy car!! clue is in the name lol

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
I would avoid Arnold Clarke Leeds like the plague. I didn't buy my Rubi from them but in my opinion, after several visits to rectify warranty issues unsuccessfully, I would say their service department and technicians verge on incompetent. And downright rude to boot.

I've done better for servicing at Stoneacre Cleckheaton, but again can't comment on buying from them. That being said, when I booked it in for its 1st service last year,(a week or so in advance IIFC), they called me later in the day after I had dropped it off to say they couldn't service it because they didn't have an oil filter. You couldn't make it up. Their service reception sfaff though were most welcoming and apologetic, unlike the arrogant crew at Arnold Clarke

I bought mine used from Unity Oxford and had a pretty good experience, but Rudolph Hart on here didn't.

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Overland (UK spec)
I'm seeing lots of places to avoid 😬

Any recommendations for a good servicing dealer in the North West? 🤔

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
No need to go to a dealer these days.
You've got Storm Jeeps up north and Buzz down south.

Both can supply vehicles and are expert at servicing.

As it happens I bought mine from Glyn Hopkin in St Albans and the service from them has been pretty good.

Sponsored

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got three years free servicing with my Jeep, I'm keen to use it :)

Do you know if Storm can honour the Mopar servicing deal? I might give them a ring 👍

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
I got three years free servicing with my Jeep, I'm keen to use it :)

Do you know if Storm can honour the Mopar servicing deal? I might give them a ring 👍
you sure Storm also service? , can't find anything on their site?

Overlander21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where did you take yours for servicing after Mangoletsi @Howi ?

I used Mangoletsi around six or seven years ago when I owned a Dodge. They seemed ok, apart from the courtesy car which was a Fiat 500 that I didn't really fit in 😬

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Where did you take yours for servicing after Mangoletsi @Howi ?

I used Mangoletsi around six or seven years ago when I owned a Dodge. They seemed ok, apart from the courtesy car which was a Fiat 500 that I didn't really fit in 😬
nowhere yet, still looking for a decent alternative , have a local garage I will use once out of warranty
Sponsored