Sponsored

Uhaul won't rent a trailer if you have a soft top Jeep?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I know somebody that's having that problem right now what if you just tell him it's a car and hook it up later what can they do they going to have somebody from U-Haul seeing you going down the highway and pull you over
We're wondering how the soft top Jeep owner would take possession of the trailer at the rental location. Are you suggesting that he do so in a separate vehicle that is intended to mislead UHaul at the time of pickup?
Sponsored

Phrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
U-Haul often forces people to lie to them - much like the dentist asking if you floss every day.

There have been several times when renting a car hauler trailer that I've had to get creative with the make/model of the vehicle being transported, just so it would allow me to move on through the process. I hauled that damn Geo Metro all over the U.S. ;)

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Uhaul won't rent to any ragtop, not just a Jeep. Just go to Home Depot and pay a little bit more. They don't have any issue with soft tops.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
I thought it was weird that U-haul asked me if it was hard or soft. I thought the lady was hitting on me till I realized what she was actually asking. I went with the 5x8 and it did get a little squirrely on the way back. Had to slow down a couple times to get the squirrel straight.
Sponsored