First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
So are the new JT diesels getting the same "recalled" HPFP?
If so, can't imagine a class action not being filed.
For what damages? It seems that Stellantis is covering the replacement so what does a long drawn out class action suit do for the owners? Lawyers will absorb most if any recovery.

I never understand why people jump to class action as a remedy when seldom does it really pay off. Lawyer preferred!
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
For what damages?
I had the exact same thought. The "lawyer" arrow is pulled from the quiver at the drop of a hat.

Is ANYONE (let alone an entire class of customers) out any money?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I had the exact same thought. The "lawyer" arrow is pulled from the quiver at the drop of a hat.

Is ANYONE (let alone an entire class of customers) out any money?
Assuming that it fails at some ideal point in time where you're already at the shop, nothing else of significance gets damaged, all of the required parts are immediately available, and the service department puts you at the front of their schedule, then no, you're not out of a significant amount of time / money.

That scenario, of course, is unrealistic.

Note also that the resale value of a vehicle with an unresolved active recall will most likely be diminished. That's money out of our pockets.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Received mine yesterday as well.

I went, ā€œmehā€, and tossed it into the filing cabinet. Iā€™ll keep driving mine, using lubricity additives etc and loving every minute. Itā€™s no worse than the issues Iā€™ve dealt with on our other vehicles in terms of rarity. Sure, if Iā€™m one of the tiny percentage that have the problem itā€™s going to be a pain for a while waiting on repair, but Iā€™ve had far more frequent issues with my wifeā€™s 2016 Explorer platinum and our ā€˜05 6.0 F-350. Turbo has died twice on the truck, EGR died, FICM died, door chime got stuck (still have to figure that one out), wheel speed sensors, etc. Kept it and fixed it because that was still far cheaper than buying a $100k truck just to tow once in a while. Wife will get a new Explorer soon though.

So far Iā€™m happy with the Jeep. I donā€™t mind fixing stuff as long as the vehicle itself makes me happy. Hell, I was constantly wrenching on my ā€˜01 XJ. I had it really dialed in and running in top shape when I sold it for the JL. Only reason I did that was because my wife got carsick in the XJ really easily and wouldnā€™t go wheeling with me. With the JL she has no issues and even wants to drive trails now. So, itā€™ll stay and Iā€™ll just fix whatever issues arise.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Only reason I did that was because my wife got carsick in the XJ really easily and wouldnā€™t go wheeling with me. With the JL she has no issues and even wants to drive trails now.
Being able to disconnect the sway bar on demand makes a massive difference in comfort / car sickness.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Anyone that has a Wrangler with a 3.0 is under recall. They simply played games up until April 2023 so they could sell their stock then put all of them under recall.

They couldn't sell the new ones with a safety recall. Problem has been known since the release of the Bosch Fuel Pump. Not sure if it is a problem in Europe where they don't have trash diesel fuel like the states.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

Being able to disconnect the sway bar on demand makes a massive difference in comfort / car sickness.
So true. I had manual disconnects on the XJ, and even with those disconnected she had issues. Probably because of how cramped the interior felt, coupled with the seats and such.
Sponsored