Sponsored

UConnect won’t find moving Jeep?

MileHigher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 White Sahara Altitude
The jeep is my sons main driver back-and-forth to school every day and the Uconnect app with the mapping can see where he parked, but today when I tried to find out where he was it never found him? It ended up he was driving home, but the app couldn’t find him after I told it to find him twice. Both times it took over three minutes and still didn’t find him.

It has to be able to locate a moving car because it has the boundary function. Why can’t it give a location for a moving jeep even if it is a minute or two old.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The app sucks, plain and simple. My wife has it for her Grand Cherokee and never uses it because it never works.

If you want to keep tabs on your son, you can use the Life360 app.

OP
OP

MileHigher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 White Sahara Altitude
The app sucks, plain and simple. My wife has it for her Grand Cherokee and never uses it because it never works.

If you want to keep tabs on your son, you can use the Life360 app.
The UConnect app is just slow. Nice to be able to start the car from a good distance- but between the UConect app and Apple Find Me, neither works very well or consistently.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Strangely, I've had good results tracking my JL's whereabouts with the Karr security system that I had the dealer activate upon purchase. Obviously, the system isn't a consumer-grade product, and is really intended to prevent theft from the dealer lot. However, the features work pretty well for the price, and the app is surprisingly simple and intuitive. Apparently, most dealerships just leave the system installed and deactivated after purchase, unless you pay for them to activate it. If it is installed on your Jeep, then this is perhaps another option to consider...or not.
Sponsored