Sponsored

UConnect w/ gps counts as anti theft tracking?

5Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
If you have the GPS with your UConnect, would insurance count that as an anti theft tracking device similar to a LoJack system?
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
If you have the GPS with your UConnect, would insurance count that as an anti theft tracking device similar to a LoJack system?
Best anti-theft is a stainless steel chain padlocked to the floor , and then wrapped around a club device attached to the steering wheel , and padlocked again ; very obvious to anyone looking in . We used the chain and padlock in the Army ; total cost about $ 35 . for both . Send a photo of that to your insurance company .

OP
OP
5Ma

5Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
My insurance ask if I have a lojack for an extra discount, was wondering if the Uconnect with an app on my phone counts?

Sponsored

Texcal

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JLU

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
Unmarrying the device might not matter if the firmware is tracking any settings that have been changed at any time and not just comparing current vs. factory. I'm guessing it's the prior since Jeep knows that many of us will be using aftermarket programmers to avoid cost and hassle of using the dealer to tweak the settings.
Sponsored