MichaelB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 4dr unlimited 6spd Manual
2020 4 Dr Rubicon JLU 6 spd manual

Same issues. Was good for 6 months now the connections are sporadic. Upgraded infosystem at dealer, swapped cords, reset UConnect & Android Auto a few times. Comes and goes.

Any new thoughts/fixes! Very frustrating. NO ISSUES on my 2019 Ram Unlimited.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
2020 4 Dr Rubicon JLU 6 spd manual

Same issues. Was good for 6 months now the connections are sporadic. Upgraded infosystem at dealer, swapped cords, reset UConnect & Android Auto a few times. Comes and goes.

Any new thoughts/fixes! Very frustrating. NO ISSUES on my 2019 Ram Unlimited.
@MichaelB

Won't hurt, but slight chance that you may find this helps.. I've seen the process below, help for a few random issues.. The process only takes a few minutes to do.

1) Unpair your Android smartphone.

2) In UConnect, Smartphone Projection Manager, (see pic below) delete any and all Android devices listed there. (You may see more then one, even if you have only paired your Android cellphone)

3) Now, pair your Android Smartphone with your JL.
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect USB Android Auto issues Attach0_20200718_133258

OP
OP

MichaelB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the advice. There are several Android devices noted so I'll give that a shot. I only need 2 on there.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks for the advice. There are several Android devices noted so I'll give that a shot. I only need 2 on there.
@MichaelB

Be sure you unpair all and then go to Projection Manager and delete any and all devices listed there.

Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I find that when my android auto starts being iffy, it’s always fixed by cleaning the USB port on my phone.

you would be surprised how much lint, etc... that gets crammed in there. I use a flosser with a sharp point and dig it out.

OP
OP

MichaelB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find that when my android auto starts being iffy, it’s always fixed by cleaning the USB port on my phone.

you would be surprised how much lint, etc... that gets crammed in there. I use a flosser with a sharp point and dig it out.
I'll definitely give that a shot as well. It's pretty easy to get dirty given its use. Thanks!

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Also try a new cable. At least with my phone that used USB c, the cables seem to be pretty sensitive to bending over time and wear out. They'll charge but won't have AA capability

OP
OP

MichaelB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also try a new cable. At least with my phone that used USB c, the cables seem to be pretty sensitive to bending over time and wear out. They'll charge but won't have AA capability
Yeah I know. Damn cables are so cheap.
Sponsored