Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I got the much feared message that my UConnect was going to update a couple of days ago. After reading a LOT of posts on this forum about how bad the update was (frozen screen, can't start the Jeep, causes rapid hair loss, etc.) I was expecting the worst. Instead, the update installed without a burp, everything is working, and the lines on my backup camera are working ALL.THE.TIME!

So far.

Maybe FCA can get things right from time to time.
Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Ooh, tough choice. Hair or Jeep?

Don’t tell the wife. Damn thing is going to have a “for sale” sign tomorrow if true.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Ditto, mine went w /o a hitch on my Glad too. Did take about 25 minutes.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Mine updated last night. So far no issues.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
What application version do you have, now?

Hold driver's side temperature up, temperature down and front defrost buttons simultaneously to enter dealer mode.

For example, I’m on 34.5 (my radio was replaced 2 weeks ago, and this is the version the dealer put on it). I have a 2018.

Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect update: what you don't see much 56FA0FB9-B090-43D1-8D8B-60BD04CAE1E1

Sponsored

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
What application version do you have, now?

Hold driver's side temperature up, temperature down and front defrost buttons simultaneously to enter dealer mode.

For example, I’m on 34.5 (my radio was replaced 2 weeks ago, and this is the version the dealer put on it). I have a 2018.

Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect update: what you don't see much 56FA0FB9-B090-43D1-8D8B-60BD04CAE1E1
Ordered the new 2020 map update for my 2018 JLR a couple of weeks ago, which came with a software update on USB that had to be installed before the map update- took me to version 21.04.01. It also updated the off-road pages to version 200820.0. I noted a few improvements/changes:
  • The startup splash screen now has a "Since 1941" message under the Jeep logo.
  • XM source button has a new logo.
  • When you're viewing the nav map screen, and change to something else and then back to nav, it now remembers that you were on the map. Before, it would always return to the menu screen then you had to hit "Map" to go back to the map. Nice to see an irritation fixed!
  • Navigation loads noticeably faster.
  • There's a new "Source Select" button below the XM source button that has a nice slide-out menu to pick the input- much easier than the menu hunting/button pressing you had to do before.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More recent than the OTA update... 39.5.0.

Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect update: what you don't see much IMG_0699.JPG
Lucky! What year? The 2018’s have the UAQ one piece unit. The rest have UAV two piece that is more capable, I believe.

My new radio has 34.5 which has so far been great. I have a 2018. If it gives me trouble it’s good to know I can buy maps to force an upgrade in a supported manner.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Lucky! What year? The 2018’s have the UAQ one piece unit. The rest have UAV two piece that is more capable, I believe.

My new radio has 34.5 which has so far been great. I have a 2018. If it gives me trouble it’s good to know I can buy maps to force an upgrade in a supported manner.
Mine's a 2018 JLR- no issues at all so far with the new update!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine's a 2018 JLR- no issues at all so far with the new update!
And here I thought my new (replacement) radio had the latest for my 2018 JLR.

Well, thank you for posting that screenshot. I am not going to mess with mine because it’s been working great.🤞It hasn’t rebooted itself even once, my backup lines are always present, and Sirius Favorites work. That said, if it acts up like my old one started doing (before it bricked itself loading an update) it’s good to know that I can ask for this newer build, specifically.

One thing that I find irksome is that the UConnect update website shows that my VIN has an available update. It’s shown that since day one, and the version available for me to download is the same build that came installed from the factory. Back in 2018 I took the time to download and then tried updating… “version XX is already installed.” 🤦‍♂️

I’d be so happy if auto manufacturers just slapped an iPad in the console. I’d pay extra.
Sponsored