Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Had it at the dealership yesterday for an update to my 8.4 Uconnect unit. The update took and now none of the USB ports are recognized. AM/FM/XM, Bluetooth and AUX all work. You can plug a device like an iphone into the USB and it will start charging the device but the radio does not recognized anything is plugged in and simply shows a "connect device" on the screen.
Any ideas?

Side note: It used to be there was a separate Radio and Media app/button on the screen. With the new update it has combined them into just a Media button and from in there you choose AM/FM/XM/USB1/USB2... etc...
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What was the update for? I haven't seen anything lately for the 8.4 or was an old tsb update just now applied?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Had it at the dealership yesterday for an update to my 8.4 Uconnect unit. The update took and now none of the USB ports are recognized. AM/FM/XM, Bluetooth and AUX all work. You can plug a device like an iphone into the USB and it will start charging the device but the radio does not recognized anything is plugged in and simply shows a "connect device" on the screen.
Any ideas?

Side note: It used to be there was a separate Radio and Media app/button on the screen. With the new update it has combined them into just a Media button and from in there you choose AM/FM/XM/USB1/USB2... etc...
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What was the update for? I haven't seen anything lately for the 8.4 or was an old tsb update just now applied?
Old one just now applied.

Well I just jacked myself big time.
Yesterday I had it at the dealership for the Uconnect update to address the locking up issue. Got it home and realized none of the USB ports worked. They will charge a device but the Uconnect will not recognize that anything is plugged into them. I tried various rests and none worked so I pulled F11, F97 and F102 fuses for 5 mins. Bad idea!
Now the radio is in a very basic mode missing half the apps including off road pages. I read this happened to someone else and after shutting the Jeep down and then restarting it went back to normal, not the case for me.

I've disconnected all three negative terminal connections and seeing if that will help. This SUCKS.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Old one just now applied.

Well I just jacked myself big time.
Yesterday I had it at the dealership for the Uconnect update to address the locking up issue. Got it home and realized none of the USB ports worked. They will charge a device but the Uconnect will not recognize that anything is plugged into them. I tried various rests and none worked so I pulled F11, F97 and F102 fuses for 5 mins. Bad idea!
Now the radio is in a very basic mode missing half the apps including off road pages. I read this happened to someone else and after shutting the Jeep down and then restarting it went back to normal, not the case for me.

I've disconnected all three negative terminal connections and seeing if that will help. This SUCKS.
Dang Mike. What a nightmare. Let us know how you work it out.

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Dang Mike. What a nightmare. Let us know how you work it out.
Well disconnecting the three neg terminals for an hour or so helped to get it back to just not the USB ports working... lol. Calling dealer now.
I told Shawn "Yep, went to the dealer for Uconnect update and now the USB ports don't work. " His response... "Of course." lol
Sponsored