uconnect update checking in EU

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Has anyone managed to check online if there are updates to the 8" uconnect system?
I have found that the site is a total cluster fuck and was never able to do. I have heard that it is impossible to update your system on your own how they do in the US, but we must rather go to the dealer.

I usually get this message when I click on "my jeep".

mopar_joke.jpg
Sponsored

Manuel

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2.0 T ocean blue
Has anyone managed to check online if there are updates to the 8" uconnect system?
I have found that the site is a total cluster fuck and was never able to do. I have heard that it is impossible to update your system on your own how they do in the US, but we must rather go to the dealer.

I usually get this message when I click on "my jeep".

mopar_joke.jpg
I also cannot update my uconnect, I have made an appointment at my dealership to update it and be able to use it.

Osinski

First Name
Jose Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6 Hella Yella
I would like to charge the European maps into my USA version U-Connect, however Jeep Customer Service don't provide me any solution...

I'm still trying/investigating other ways or solutions...

Greetings.

JCC

Osinski

First Name
Jose Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6 Hella Yella
Hi, All:

If you use a VPN software, you will be able to connect to the UConnect/Mopar's USA site and "voilà" you will have software upgrades if you introduce your VIN for your "american" JL.

Try it.

melkumew

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Hey, thx for your recommendation.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I would like to charge the European maps into my USA version U-Connect, however Jeep Customer Service don't provide me any solution...

I'm still trying/investigating other ways or solutions...

Greetings.

JCC
I know this is rather old, but usually this is not possible. Car manufacturers usually do not make a "world" model, but certify several variants.
For example, in our lab we may get a unit for Europe, one for China, one for North America and another for "ROW" (rest of world).
Each one has different firmware and even different GNSS and wireless support, depending on local requirements.
I am not sure why they do this, considering most available chipsets support all regions.
Sponsored