Sponsored

UConnect Text Notification driving me crazy!

Skdoosh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
ANY chance you know how to have texts notification show up on screen but without a voice saying "You have a text from blah blah blah"? I still want a notification but I just don't want it saying the text message thing. I'd love to replace it with a quiet beep. I have searched everywhere and can not find a solution other than disabling everything and that defeats the purpose.

2020 Sahara Altitude
Sponsored

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
ANY chance you know how to have texts notification show up on screen but without a voice saying "You have a text from blah blah blah"? I still want a notification but I just don't want it saying the text message thing. I'd love to replace it with a quiet beep. I have searched everywhere and can not find a solution other than disabling everything and that defeats the purpose.

2020 Sahara Altitude
Which phone is connected, Android or Apple?

OP
OP
Skdoosh

Skdoosh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am running an Android with the latest version 9 OS

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I am running an Android with the latest version 9 OS
I too used (note past tense) AA and could not find any way to silence the voice. Apparently, in AA, the UConnect system is disabled and the screen/sound is run by the phone. I did find that I could keep AA connected and exit back to the UC screen but still no solution. All in all, Google does not make any attempt to play well with non-Google systems. Which is why I abandoned AA and connect via BT for UC phone, text, etc. Maybe an update to AA will provide the feature you seek, but I could not find it. My S10 does have an Accessibility feature for reading texts but that did not silence the announcement of the text. Sorry I could not be of more help.

OP
OP
Skdoosh

Skdoosh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too used (note past tense) AA and could not find any way to silence the voice. Apparently, in AA, the UConnect system is disabled and the screen/sound is run by the phone. I did find that I could keep AA connected and exit back to the UC screen but still no solution. All in all, Google does not make any attempt to play well with non-Google systems. Which is why I abandoned AA and connect via BT for UC phone, text, etc. Maybe an update to AA will provide the feature you seek, but I could not find it. My S10 does have an Accessibility feature for reading texts but that did not silence the announcement of the text. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Great feedback - thanks. It is a little thing all in all but it sure would be a nice tweak! Maybe eventually!

Sponsored

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
On Android
For just the voice during BT. Open your BT setting on your phone. (you can just hold down the icon from your pull down panel) while connected to the uconnect.

For Android Auto. You can go to settings on the head unit on the main screen. From there it'll tell you to unlock your phone. There's your notification settings.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Screenshot_20200605-182943_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200605-182056_Android Auto.jpg

20200605_182159.jpg

OP
OP
Skdoosh

Skdoosh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score