Uconnect/Stereo issues: turns off and restarts for no aparent reason

Moparfamily1

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep wrangler sahara unlimited
My stereo is the 8.4" with Navigation and the Alpine Speakers/subwoofer system. After 5 months of ownership with ZERO issues has started shutting off and then restarting itself as if I am turning it and off while in use. So far it has just been annoying but I can see if I was navigating or using the hands free how this could cause numerous issues.

I haven't been able to find any obvious issue like loose wires or power issues that would explain this? There are no warning lights or other indicators of an issue. I want to note also that the electrical system and stereo is completely stock, unaltered or added to at this point...

Is anyone else having this issue? I saw somewhere that there was an issue with the Uconnect system, is this what they were referring to?

Thanks all!
For every with the rebooting problem i have a possible solution to my jeep family im sorry that we have to be cursed with mopars b.s but if we stick together we can be jeep gurus join me to replicate jeeps errors and correct them for our pockets sake i love jeep 24/7 but hate mopars b.s go to my youtube page and subscribe and like my videos i will add to it because i discovered more ways

Sponsored

Moparfamily1

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep wrangler sahara unlimited
Thanks. They did a software update (one that wasn’t showing needed to be done) and it has fixed the issue!!
Thats a lie thats a way for them to waste your time and money they did what i did on my video you just a victim of circumstances circumstances

jpchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Thats a lie thats a way for them to waste your time and money they did what i did on my video you just a victim of circumstances circumstances
It was under warranty and I watched them do the update that fixed it. So really it didn’t cost me a dime.

minisoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 392, Escalade, Audi SQ8, 911 Turbo S
Same issue here... U connect rebooted whenever I plugged iPhone into USB using an Apple OEM cable. Solved the issue today after removing a different aftermarket USB cable that was plugged I to another port with nothing attached.

Sponsored

VejOut

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I have the same random reboot issue with my Uconnect 3. So far, not a fuse issue or non-Apple cable issue, just a bunch of random joyness. I can go weeks without it happening and then 4 times in one day. So frustrating.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
I have the same random reboot issue with my Uconnect 3. So far, not a fuse issue or non-Apple cable issue, just a bunch of random joyness. I can go weeks without it happening and then 4 times in one day. So frustrating.
Be sure you're running the latest software release. We had similar issue but they're gone after the latest update.

VejOut

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Be sure you're running the latest software release. We had similar issue but they're gone after the latest update.
There are no updates for the Unconnect 3 radio from what I could find. Maybe I'll ask the dealer to take a look next time I take it in for an oil change.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Mine is being replaced under warranty as soon as the new radio arrives. They tried to update it, and it bricked the whole system. Now it won't turn off and I have to unplug my negative battery terminal everytime I park the jeep for an extended time. FML.
Sponsored