Sponsored

Uconnect/maps/waze

jwmmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl
I have a 2018 Wrangler JL with 7 inch Uconnect. When I try to use Waze or google maps it puts me in a different state on maps. I tried all different ways of using this, I hooked phone up to USB then opened waze app it still shows me 700 miles away. I called Jeeps customer service and the guy was useless , he could care less..anyone have luck fixing the problem, my radio is update also
Sponsored

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
I have a 2018 Wrangler JL with 7 inch Uconnect. When I try to use Waze or google maps it puts me in a different state on maps. I tried all different ways of using this, I hooked phone up to USB then opened waze app it still shows me 700 miles away. I called Jeeps customer service and the guy was useless , he could care less..anyone have luck fixing the problem, my radio is update also
It should just be displaying what your phone tells it. If you open up waze without connecting to unconnect does it show you in the correct position? Are you using Apple car play or Android Auto?

OP
OP
jwmmr

jwmmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl
Yes, when I plugin in it goes 700 miles away

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Like @palmor said, that's not really a Uconnect issue. Uconnect just mirrors what it gets from your phone (or at least should).

Sponsored

OP
OP
jwmmr

jwmmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl
Apple, we have 4 Iphones in the family, its the same on all 4.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a long shot, are all of your iPhones up-to-date and have a good signal? If so, there may in fact be an issue with your system. I have an iPhone 8+ running iOS 12.1.2 and an 8.4 Uconnect - no issues like you're saying.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
so before you plug your phone in to the USB port, you have location enabled and Waze displays it correctly? and after you plug it in it goes crazy? i may have seen some complaints about GPS being off in the forum but i thought that was with the built-in NAV, you might want to search "jlwranglerforums GPS issue" and see if anything comes up.

OP
OP
jwmmr

jwmmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl
Yes Phones are a month old

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes Phones are a month old
Ok, I'll flip - I'd say your Uconnect has a problem. Not sure what to do about it other than claim a warranty-covered issue to your dealer.

Sponsored

JLU4TJ

Just to chime in, I "think" this may in fact be a UCONNECT issue. Here's why....last month I was in San Francisco, rented a Dodge Challenger from National (felt like Joe Dirt driving that car through SFO) and I had the EXACT same problem. When I plugged into AppleCarPlay, Waze, Google Maps and Apple Maps took me 700 miles away...it thought I was still in SO CAL. As soon as I unplugged the phone from the car, closed the app's then opened them again...they knew exactly where I was and would direct me accordingly. No issues with Location Services at all. I thought I was going crazy!

I even tried setting up WAZE while it was unplugged, began Navigation and then plugged into the car...nope...didn't help...as soon as I did, it rerouted me and thought I was 700 miles away. I gave up and didn't use AppleCarPlay....the phone worked great.

My 2019 JLUR hasn't arrived yet so I can't say for certain this is a UNCONNECT problem on all cars, but my Dodge rental had the exact same issue. The Dodge screen was NOT upgraded...it was smaller than the full blown UCONNECT/NAVI (8.4 Screen) system I'll be getting in my Jeep.

Suffice to say, whether it's a UNCONNECT version issue or software issue....that same problem has happened to me. I didn't think twice because it was a rental car.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-incorrect-location-with-iphone-carplay.6943/
Sponsored