Uconnect Live app in the UK

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, BMW M5 E34
I have the app on the screen in the Jeep, have it on my phone, my phone is paired for calls, Siri etc but when I try to connect with the Live app it says not available on my vehicle.

is this a UK thing, a Wrangler thing or ???

thanks in advance
Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
you need the Mopar connect gubbins installed in the vehicle. Without that the app is useless.
I think I paid about ÂŁ250 for the box when I bought my wrangler.

OP
OP
plisken

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you need the Mopar connect gubbins installed in the vehicle. Without that the app is useless.
The Jeep’s got the app in the screen and shows version number and such so I assumed that was all in place. I mentioned it to the dealer when I bought it and he looked at me as if I was daft.

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Jeep’s got the app in the screen and shows version number and such so I assumed that was all in place. I mentioned it to the dealer when I bought it and he looked at me as if I was daft.
I assume the app is loaded into UConnect as standard but it won't work fully without Mopar connect hardware.
I guess the version number relates to the software.

I wouldn't trust much of what dealers say in the UK. They're generally useless!

OP
OP
plisken

plisken

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My build sheet shows Connect LIVE - Europe, which I kind of thought was what I was looking for.

I wouldn't trust much of what dealers say in the UK. They're generally useless!
My 3rd Jeep and pretty much feel the same unfortunately

Sponsored

The Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0L
Can you elaborate on that please? What box of 'gubbins' installed for 250 quid? It should work on the Alpine 'as is', should just need the MOPAR\UConnect app on IoS\Android but as usual nothing works in the EU.

Same as the NAV with live updates\traffic announcements not much good without them but that appears not to work either in the EU

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you elaborate on that please? What box of 'gubbins' installed for 250 quid? It should work on the Alpine 'as is', should just need the MOPAR\UConnect app on IoS\Android but as usual nothing works in the EU.

Same as the NAV with live updates\traffic announcements not much good without them but that appears not to work either in the EU

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not much more I can elaborate on to be honest!

Whilst the UConnect software loaded on the Alpine has the options it won't work without the UCONNECT hardware.

When I purchased my Overland in 2019 it was an option that I added which is the hardware that the dealer fitted in order to make the whole thing work properly. It's called Mopar Connect and I recall it being about ÂŁ250ish

I know it's a piece of hardware as I had some additional work done on the Jeep which included installation of a Tazer and the guys that did the install called me to ask what was plugged in as they'd never seen one in the flesh before!

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
What are you expecting it to do?
In Europe, the mopar app literally does not do anything with the wrangler. Literally nothing. You can "connect" facebook and a couple other things, but if you are looking for the online features they have in the US.. you can forget it. FCA has not included ANY of those features. You cannot even update your own maps in Europe, instead you need a dealer to do it.
Forget about the connected services... it is complete and total shit.
Sponsored