Sponsored

Uconnect keeps crashing and rebooting

TheOtherMe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S
I'm adding myself to the list for updates. I'm being ghosted by JeepCares about any updates or solutions. I have the 5" screen and suffer from the constant reboots when I plug into the USB ports. Can anyone direct me to the process for checking my software version with the 5" screen? Thanks.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares might want to hear this too. Update resolution if anyone is interested. I had the endless reboot (even when car was turned off) on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (22k miles). It is not fuses. At least it wasnā€™t for me. I tried all that and disconnecting the battery and still endless loop. Took it into Santa Monica Jeep on 12/30/2022. Week later, no call, no word, though I kept calling everyday. Just run around. Finally the next week got a call that it was the battery. They offered to replace for $450 plus $250 labor (when I could get a better battery at AutoZone for $360). I said go ahead, knowing that was on me just so they could keep troubleshooting because electrical shorts can be tricky. Then another week of no call, and when I did call and talk to the dealer it was: ā€œweā€™re test drivingā€ it or ā€œwe have the entire electrical system torn apartā€. Finally last Wednesday 01/11/2023 I get a call: ā€œjeeps ready, you can come pick it up: itā€™s going to be $4230: it was a short in the radioā€. Note that when I dropped it off I gave them contact information for my vehicle bumper to bumper warranty company. Also battery was still reading 14.1 volts when I dropped it off. They simply had to call the warranty company ā€œafter the estimate and BEFORE doing any workā€. And they know this. This is standard protocol for All warranty companies. And I even reiterated this to them when I dropped it off and each time I called. I myself, had been calling the warranty company (there was a lot of back and forth with them and dealer the whole time) who had said ā€œthey would cover cost of repair: manufacturer radio was coveredā€. Now note that, as I said, battery is about $360 at AutoZone and radio is $2200, new, at infotainment.com. Iā€™ve called warranty company and they are now refusing to cover costs because they say ā€œwork was done before they got there and that dealer refused to let them see old unitā€. I have a call into our state attorney generals office, NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox for TV coverage and I will continue to do all I can to resolve this with them in a reasonable manner while Iā€™m still paying a hefty monthly payment on this thing and renting a car to get to work. Talked to Jeep Cares last night and they assigned it a case but insist I call back and talk to department manager at dealership before calling them back to escalate. Obviously the dealer, knowing I had a warranty, did everything they could to void that warranty so they would not have to take market price on the repair and could instead charge a ransom and hold my Jeep hostage for that ransom. All for a freaking solid state stereo: the last thing that should go belly up after only 22k miles. I do not even know why Iā€™m still a Jeep enthusiast.
Hi DVSUPS,

We're sorry to hear how this happened. Feel welcome to PM us your case number and we can take a look into it for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
I have had this problem with my 2020 JLUR since the get go. Mine is intermittent. Happens once or twice a week. Sometimes not for 10 days or more but then always comes back.

The radio freezes on whatever screen it was showing including the backup image, very rarely it's a blue screen. Then it eventually reboots. Sometimes it happens in batches, like 3 times in a row the radio will lockup and reboot in sequence. Though most often it's just once and done.

Almost always happens immediately on startup or shortly after I start a drive. I don't recall it ever happening in the middle of a drive at all.

As some have mentioned, I feel like it's maybe not an issue with the radio itself or the software but maybe an electronic problem elsewhere in the system that causes it, but who knows. I also have never had seen anyone on here saying their issue was fixed.

I have had the dealer look at it several times but they can never reproduce it and software updates have never fixed it. I am due for another free software update as I brought it up again at my most recent oil change, so I have to go back shortly but I don't have much hope.

Myers12

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Anyone having this issue? Minimum couple times a day my uconnect freezes, then reboots itself. No rhyme or reason to it. Sometime I have car play going, other times I don't. sometime I get a blue screen.
I searched here and read about a constant reboot every three minutes or so - I had that happen to me once and may have been a system upgrade/push to the vehicle? Well that happened about a month ago, but I'm still experiencing the fairly consistent freeze/reboots on an almost daily basis.
Driving me nuts. Haven't had time to book it in to dealership - I had it in for same issue second month of ownership, about a year ago, they said they updated the system.

Martin1128

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara
Of course I'm having the dreaded radio reboot issue. I even turn it off and notice that it reboots when the radio is off since it flashes the Jeep screen. Any guys had luck finding a fix or is it a sit and wait type thing?
Sponsored