Uconnect issues

BVES4

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK 2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Made a few short trips prior to taking to dealership for oil change...everything normal, then hopped in and started to dealer and:
- back up camera blue screen
- sat radio was ‘skipping’ so I tried CarPlay music and that was skipping.
turned radio off and on to fix...nothing, finally got to dealership and turned Jeep off and on a couple times hoping to reset...same
Asked the service dept to check on it and they said there was nothing they could do...they are waiting for an update?
Seems I paid a lot of money to have nice touches and told “I have to wait on an update’...I know third world problems...but that skipping all the time will be torture
Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does the same, have had it to the dealer to have it checked they said nothing wrong with it. I don't like uConnect, less and less each day....

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Seems I paid a lot of money to have nice touches and told “I have to wait on an update’...I know third world problems...but that skipping all the time will be torture
With the engine off, pull fuse F11. Wait a few minutes and then reinsert fuse. This should cause a reboot.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
With the engine off, pull fuse F11. Wait a few minutes and then reinsert fuse. This should cause a reboot.
Is there another option ? I know when I make changes using JSCAN I can do a restart but not sure if that reboots Uconnect

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is there another option ? I know when I make changes using JSCAN I can do a restart but not sure if that reboots Uconnect
Not sure what you mean, is there another option. The uConnect radios always draw power in these vehicles. Pulling the fuse is the best way to reset them.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what you mean, is there another option. The uConnect radios always draw power in these vehicles. Pulling the fuse is the best way to reset them.
I guess I was thinking that I could say do a restart of all ECUS using JSCAN and that would be the same as pulling the fuse, not that it’s hard to pull a fuse but it’s easier using JSCAN or even a TAZER to restart the system but it may not be the same so that’s why I asked.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Does anyone know if there is an update coming anytime soon for uconnect problems? My 8.4 was replaced by dealer and still have the same issues. The dealer said; “I will change it but it won’t correct anything”, so they know it’s a faulty engineering being sold to customers. He was right, changed it same problem.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I have often thought of having that Uconnect system removed but not sure what head units are available to replace with, it’s not in my ability to change it so I would have to go to a shop to have it done

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have often thought of having that Uconnect system removed but not sure what head units are available to replace with, it’s not in my ability to change it so I would have to go to a shop to have it done
Stinger Heigh 10 (or 8 if you prefer).

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
The stinger is a huge improvement over the 8.4. Besides losing the constant glitchiness of the OEM, you get better sound, ability to add amps, personalized wallpaper, some tazer like functions (remember setting of ESS, adjust tire sensor settings, etc.) Ability to add 4 cameras, good customer support, and a nicer screen 10" with the heigh10. And I installed myself though I had never pulled off a dash panel before. Truly plug and play (though a trick to get it all in that small space)

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
The stinger is a huge improvement over the 8.4. Besides losing the constant glitchiness of the OEM, you get better sound, ability to add amps, personalized wallpaper, some tazer like functions (remember setting of ESS, adjust tire sensor settings, etc.) Ability to add 4 cameras, good customer support, and a nicer screen 10" with the heigh10. And I installed myself though I had never pulled off a dash panel before. Truly plug and play (though a trick to get it all in that small space)
wired! You said remember Ess last setting? Adjust tpms parameters. Really?

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Yes. Saved me from buying a Tazer as those were the main 2 reasons for me to have one. Works perfectly

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
Yes. Saved me from buying a Tazer as those were the main 2 reasons for me to have one. Works perfectly
Thanks for the reply. So you just set a lower tire pressure,say32 or 30 and your good to go etc. I’m not very tech but been thinking of a stinger or a insane unit. I would have to have it done. Does all your controls etc work like backup camera?

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Does anyone know if there is an update coming anytime soon for uconnect problems? My 8.4 was replaced by dealer and still have the same issues. The dealer said; “I will change it but it won’t correct anything”, so they know it’s a faulty engineering being sold to customers. He was right, changed it same problem.
Might want to peruse the discussion below. Talk of an update for other issues (not necessarily the reboots) towards the last few pages. Some had been told Q1, but now a dealer notice says Q2:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ites-function-just-stopped-working-help.9695/
Sponsored