Uconnect has no option for Wifi

MMANER72

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Bought my 2022 Wrangler last month and cannot get the Wifi Hotspot to show up on my Uconnect apps.
I have reached out to Sirius Guardian, Uconnect support and AT&T and keep getting kicked around.
I have emailed my dealer a couple days ago but no answer.

I got the free trail offer from AT&T and signed up for 3 months and got a number assigned. However the app does not show up to enable in Uconnect apps.

Is there anyone here that could help me? Everything else works where I can remote lock and use the assist buttons inside.

Love my new Wrangler but the tech support is less to be desired.
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I believe that the Wifi is a hotspot for other devices, such as a tablet. It is not necessary to run Uconnect apps off the phone.

OP
OP
MMANER72

MMANER72

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe that the Wifi is a hotspot for other devices, such as a tablet. It is not necessary to run Uconnect apps off the phone.
Correct but there is a wifi app in Uconnect to enable it correct? I dont see the app in uconnect to enable wifi after I have signed up for the trail with AT&T. According to AT&T my trail is active now I need to enable it in Uconnect.

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you go into your apps, there will be one for Wifi. If you just enabled it it might take awhile for it to show, perhaps up to 24 hours. Once enabled, you will be able to see it on your phones and tablets. There is nothing you need to do on the Uconnect app on the phone.

OP
OP
MMANER72

MMANER72

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you go into your apps, there will be one for Wifi. If you just enabled it it might take awhile for it to show, perhaps up to 24 hours. Once enabled, you will be able to see it on your phones and tablets. There is nothing you need to do on the Uconnect app on the phone.
Yes. Maybe Im not explaining myself well....
I dont have the wifi option in my apps to enable it....
Although its been enabled though AT&T. All of my other remote options work like remote lock and such. But wifi doesnt show in the uconnect apps.

Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am assuming that more than 24 hours has passed since you enabled it with AT&T. After you do that it is supposed to be sent to your HU via an OTA update. Have you checked with the dealer?

OP
OP
MMANER72

MMANER72

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am assuming that more than 24 hours has passed since you enabled it with AT&T. After you do that it is supposed to be sent to your HU via an OTA update. Have you checked with the dealer?
Yes sir did this back in March. I have a open issue with Uconnect support and replies from them are extremely slow. They asked for radio firmware info from me like a week and a half ago and finally replied they got that info finally. Emailed sales manager at dealership and no answer yet. I need to stop by but just under a big project at work now and tough to stop by there during the week.

I’ve thought maybe a reset would work but haven’t figured out to do that besides disconnecting the battery.

02717829-9D8D-4CEC-9E06-19136AD3E0C4.jpeg

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One option is to pull the radio. Pry off the climate control, one screw below the radio screen, pry off the trim panel, four screws hold the radio in place. After that pull the power plug, reconnect it and reassemble. It will take about a day for the radio to figure out where it is and have all apps working properly, such as climate control and XM among others. At least that's how long it took the first time I tried to replace it and had to reinstall. Second time took about six hours. IMO too many terminals to disconnect at the battery.

OP
OP
MMANER72

MMANER72

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One option is to pull the radio. Pry off the climate control, one screw below the radio screen, pry off the trim panel, four screws hold the radio in place. After that pull the power plug, reconnect it and reassemble. It will take about a day for the radio to figure out where it is and have all apps working properly, such as climate control and XM among others. At least that's how long it took the first time I tried to replace it and had to reinstall. Second time took about six hours. IMO too many terminals to disconnect at the battery.
yeah. She’s still brand new. I’m hesitant to do all that. I’ve read other methods to reset with holding down certain buttons but doesn’t seem to work with my 2022

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure of any other ways to do that. You mentioned that you emailed the sales manager. I work at a CDJR. Check with service.

Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
yeah. She’s still brand new. I’m hesitant to do all that. I’ve read other methods to reset with holding down certain buttons but doesn’t seem to work with my 2022
Pulling the battery cable won’t “reset” the radio unless you pull both leads and leave it sit long enough to discharge everything.

I would highly suggest opening your fuse box and pulling fuse 97, count to 10 and reinsert to reset your radio. Search on here, there are a number of us who have UConnect and WiFi issue that this will fix it, though know temporarily. Also note the radio will go to a ”default” UConnect screen that will eventually re-download and return to normal. You will NOT lose presets or settings by doing this. That should reactivate your hotspot.

Search the forum for Fuse 97, lots of info.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That'll work too.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Did you sign up for ATT to use the Jeep Wifi?
It's really on their end. Uconnect is just a service.
If you give them a CC # things move really fast. 😉

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Wait a minute. Are you expecting to see the AT&T WiFi appear as some option in the Uconnect app on your phone? It will not. Activate it via the app within the head unit in your Jeep. Then once it is fully activated, it will appear as a wireless network you can connect to with your smart phone, laptop or other wireless capable devices. You configure the password and can set the name it broadcasts that a device will use to join the network.
Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect has no option for Wifi 05B1D53E-575D-43BF-9538-497DD43FC6D1
Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect has no option for Wifi 45AADCF2-B4D3-48B4-BEB1-CAF6FBBBDEAE
Sponsored

Last edited: