jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 JLUS with the 5 inch Uconnect Touch Screen (I know, not the ideal radio setup.) It had been doing this thing where every week or so on startup the screen does not start up and it is unresponsive. No music, no anything. You can hit any button you want and it doesn't do anything. The only fix is to shut off the Jeep, lock the doors, let it completely power off and it starts right back up the next time you start it up.

Jeep replaced the radio and it worked for about a week, now it is doing it again if not more often than it was before. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't even know where to go at this point, It isn't like they would replace the radio again...
Sponsored

MaineBumpkin

First Name
Henri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU, 2021 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
I've had occasional lock-ups and random reboots with Uconnects in 2 RAMS and a Renegade but nothing this bad. Since they already replaced it (or did they?) I'd say you have some other electronic gremlin that the dealer is going to have to take the time to troubleshoot. Just for giggles, have you checked to see if all your fuses are properly seated?

On another note, my dealer let us borrow a 2018 for 2 days before will pulled the trigger on our Rubicon order. Five minutes after plugging my iPhone into the Aux port on the dash the Radio completely reset (clock lost time too) and we noticed the smell of burning electrical circuitry. The next day I tried a brand new cable with my iPhone and it happened again. Things like this don't exactly instill a sense of confidence regarding the quality of FCA electronics but.. I still ordered the Rubicon ;)

Brucedotnet

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I have a 2018 JLUS with the 5 inch Uconnect Touch Screen (I know, not the ideal radio setup.) It had been doing this thing where every week or so on startup the screen does not start up and it is unresponsive. No music, no anything. You can hit any button you want and it doesn't do anything. The only fix is to shut off the Jeep, lock the doors, let it completely power off and it starts right back up the next time you start it up.

Jeep replaced the radio and it worked for about a week, now it is doing it again if not more often than it was before. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't even know where to go at this point, It isn't like they would replace the radio again...
I had my first radio replaced due to the exact same issue. I have the base model and no matter how many times I restarted the car it would not turn on. Usually sitting overnight would reset it.

The replacement radio started to do it as well. I hope there is a reasonably priced upgrade some day.

Very disappointed.

OP
OP
jackgraves7

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I had my first radio replaced due to the exact same issue. I have the base model and no matter how many times I restarted the car it would not turn on. Usually sitting overnight would reset it.

The replacement radio started to do it as well. I hope there is a reasonably priced upgrade some day.

Very disappointed.
Wow. Crazy to think this has happened on more than one occasion and still no fix even after the radio replacement. Sounds like we are in the exact same boat.
Sponsored