Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I updated to 39.6 last night. It kept my presets but wiped all my favorites. I'll see how things go over the next few weeks.
Sponsored

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica
I updated to 39.6 last night. It kept my presets but wiped all my favorites. I'll see how things go over the next few weeks.
Just wondering how things are going... Any luck resolving the issues?

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
If anybody from SiriusXM is reading this thread I have cancelled my service.

while Sirius likely has nothing to do with this function this feature actually made the service way more user friendly and competitors like Spotify or ITunes with local/download content are cheaper and easy to use.

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just wondering how things are going... Any luck resolving the issues?
Over the last month I have had zero issues with locked screens, volume issues, or reboots.

I had one instance of my favorites not working and I have 3-4 driving instances per day of at least 20 minutes each. In the past I had favorites issues at least daily.

Overall I am extremely happy with my update.

Sponsored

elliott9

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Over the last month I have had zero issues with locked screens, volume issues, or reboots.

I had one instance of my favorites not working and I have 3-4 driving instances per day of at least 20 minutes each. In the past I had favorites issues at least daily.

That's crazy. I'm running the same 39.6 a d while my reboot/lock up issues are completely resolved I still have the SXM favorites issue nearly every time I drive.

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I wonder if it would be related to the number of favorites stored. Like some sort of memory buffer overflow issue.

I know that previously I had maxed out the number I could store and since the update wiped it then I don't have the list filled back up yet.

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica

Glad you've noticed a big improvement with your update! I was at my local Chrysler dealer today and had them do the update so hopefully things will get better for me too...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I wonder if it would be related to the number of favorites stored. Like some sort of memory buffer overflow issue.

I know that previously I had maxed out the number I could store and since the update wiped it then I don't have the list filled back up yet.
You could be in to something. When I upgraded to 39.6 all my favorites got wiped out. Since then I’ve only added back favorite artists - no favorite songs - and the feature has worked consistently and well. I’ve not maxed out, yet. (I’d be surprised if I’ve even hit 15 saved artists, yet.)

FerrdIsTheWord

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You could be in to something. When I upgraded to 39.6 all my favorites got wiped out. Since then I’ve only added back favorite artists - no favorite songs - and the feature has worked consistently and well. I’ve not maxed out, yet. (I’d be surprised if I’ve even hit 15 saved artists, yet.)
There is DEFINITELY something to this. I wiped out all of my favorites, and started clean. I had added about 10 before the issue began again. I added both artists and songs. Maybe if I delete the songs, it'll work?

Sponsored

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Common problem seems to be, so I've had this and I stream my music, it's frozen and all I have done is switch from my music to a local station for a few seconds and turn it back and it seems to be a fix. Not a very frequent issue but it has happened twice since delivery this past November.

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica
I had my update last week at the dealership and after it wiped out my saved artists and songs, I've only added back about ten favorite artists (no favorite songs) and unfortunately,(!) I am STILL having issues with the favorites not showing up after the notification, (UGH!!!) but at a lower frequency... So far, I've had no issues with locked screens, control issues and reboots, but it's only been a week...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
So far, I've had no issues with locked screens, control issues and reboots, but it's only been a week
Did you verify that they gave you 39.6?

I haven’t had a single glitch since moving to that version. No reboots, no freezes, no loss of volume, no loss of backup lines. Every now and then favorites alert comes up and then quickly disappears, but it happens rarely and doesn’t bother me.

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica
Did you verify that they gave you 39.6?

I haven’t had a single glitch since moving to that version. No reboots, no freezes, no loss of volume, no loss of backup lines. Every now and then favorites alert comes up and then quickly disappears, but it happens rarely and doesn’t bother me.
I didn't verify that I got 39.6, I just assumed that they would automatically update to the latest version... I will check on that this week.

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yep- same here, I have pretty much given up all hope. Agree completely with your statement/hypothesis about this being something on the Sirius side that is the issue. But the thing I still don't get- and never will- is why it works just fine for the first couple of minutes after starting the car (not every time, but most of the time). That is what makes the whole thing so frustrating. It obviously can still recognize and identify favorites- so why is it only temporary and why the heck can't they fix it?

Another thing that makes it frustrating is there was a service bulletin on the exact issue several months ago, but that hasn't helped resolve it at all.

So, like you, I have completely given up........
Just checking in on this thread- have not posted in quite awhile. I definitely had given up on the Sirius favorites working correctly ever again, and I pretty much stopped even paying attention to it.

But I started to notice that anytime I checked it seemed to be working. And yesterday went on an hour and a half drive and the favorites worked correctly for the entire drive.

I have had my Jeep for almost 2 years and it has NEVER worked that long at one time- not once. It has always been where it would work off and on, never a rhyme or reason, but always never more than 10-15 minutes or so before NOT working again.

I have not had any kind of update done/run (unless the system updated without me knowing it). I haven't even checked to see what version I am running.

I am going to be in my car almost all day in a couple of days so I guess that will be the true test of whether this is finally fixed

I hesitated to even post this- I don't know how many times I have been sucked in to getting my hopes up that it was fixed, only for it to be a false alarm every single time. I am sure that will be the case again here, but we shall see- I will report back......
Sponsored