Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Anyone have a resolution? August 1, 2021 this started, which happened to be the same day that the 1 year free service for uconnect and sxm stopped.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Anyone have a resolution? August 1, 2021 this started, which happened to be the same day that the 1 year free service for uconnect and sxm stopped.
There is no resolution. I'm the OP of the thread. I do have one thing to add tho. Two days ago I updated the maps in my Uconnect 8.4" to the 2020 Map package. They were having a $50 off sale so I figure why the hell not. In the mail I received TWO USB flash drives. The first USB drive was a software update to the radio. You have to install that first. Then after, you can install the 2nd USB flash drive which updates the maps. Well after the software update was installed, I noticed that the radio looked a little different. Slightly different/tweaked user interface, etc. Also, the radio update completely erased all my favorites, so I had to start fresh and re-add all of them. I was hopeful that since the radio software was a newer version that the favorites problem would be fixed. But after adding back a bunch of artists to my favorites list, the problem has NOT been fixed. When I start my car, it will work for a few minutes, and then the favorite list just goes empty. Even if one of the groups that I've added are currently playing on a station. The group will even have a star beside the name indicating that it is favorited, but alas, the favorites list will be empty.

If I had to guess, since this happened to everyone at the same time, I would think that Sirius XM changed something on their end that is causing the radios to not recognize that favorites are playing on radio stations. It's been a long time and I just don't think we are going to see a resolution. I've given up.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
There is no resolution. I'm the OP of the thread. I do have one thing to add tho. Two days ago I updated the maps in my Uconnect 8.4" to the 2020 Map package. They were having a $50 off sale so I figure why the hell not. In the mail I received TWO USB flash drives. The first USB drive was a software update to the radio. You have to install that first. Then after, you can install the 2nd USB flash drive which updates the maps. Well after the software update was installed, I noticed that the radio looked a little different. Slightly different/tweaked user interface, etc. Also, the radio update completely erased all my favorites, so I had to start fresh and re-add all of them. I was hopeful that since the radio software was a newer version that the favorites problem would be fixed. But after adding back a bunch of artists to my favorites list, the problem has NOT been fixed. When I start my car, it will work for a few minutes, and then the favorite list just goes empty. Even if one of the groups that I've added are currently playing on a station. The group will even have a star beside the name indicating that it is favorited, but alas, the favorites list will be empty.

If I had to guess, since this happened to everyone at the same time, I would think that Sirius XM changed something on their end that is causing the radios to not recognize that favorites are playing on radio stations. It's been a long time and I just don't think we are going to see a resolution. I've given up.
Everything the same for me. New map discount, 2 thumb drives.. now no favorites, but the star is still there on songs that were favorites.

Not a huge deal breaker for me. I like that the new update shows the map and song information on the radio display cleanly. Also like that "Media" and "Radio" buttons were combined, and I can set "USB2" as a favorite instead of AM radio.

So I'll live.

Sponsored

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yep- same here, I have pretty much given up all hope. Agree completely with your statement/hypothesis about this being something on the Sirius side that is the issue. But the thing I still don't get- and never will- is why it works just fine for the first couple of minutes after starting the car (not every time, but most of the time). That is what makes the whole thing so frustrating. It obviously can still recognize and identify favorites- so why is it only temporary and why the heck can't they fix it?

Another thing that makes it frustrating is there was a service bulletin on the exact issue several months ago, but that hasn't helped resolve it at all.

So, like you, I have completely given up........

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica
In my opinion, trying to fix this issue is not a priority for them. If they were actively trying to fix this issue and were committed to it, it would be fixed. My system has been malfunctioning at a much higher rate lately... At this point, the freezing of the backup camera screen, complete loss of touch screen function, steering wheel controls and constant system reboots, have all become frequent occurrences. These issues have also become increasingly more distracting and aggravating!!

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica
Has anyone heard about or had any updates to resolve these issues yet???

Sponsored

Guppy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee
This whole thing is such a joke! My “case manager” Who I’ve been dealing with for going on two years now, has all but stopped responding to my emails and calls. I called on Friday the 29th, and talked to customer service who PROMISED me, my case manager would call me Monday the 1st.

Of course, here I am, Monday the 8th, and nothing but crickets. When I call to ask for a supervisor, they tell me my case manager is my supervisor. Just truly UFB. “JeepCares” doesn’t care. This is one of the worst customer experiences I’ve had, and I truly, truly wish I had never bought a Jeep or anything from FCA.

Funny thing is, the “BIG UPDATE” that I was “promised” would fix my issues, didn’t. These guys are clueless.

In my opinion, trying to fix this issue is not a priority for them. If they were actively trying to fix this issue and were committed to it, it would be fixed. My system has been malfunctioning at a much higher rate lately... At this point, the freezing of the backup camera screen, complete loss of touch screen function, steering wheel controls and constant system reboots, have all become frequent occurrences. These issues have also become increasingly more distracting and aggravating!!

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
This whole thing is such a joke! My “case manager” Who I’ve been dealing with for going on two years now, has all but stopped responding to my emails and calls. I called on Friday the 29th, and talked to customer service who PROMISED me, my case manager would call me Monday the 1st.

Of course, here I am, Monday the 8th, and nothing but crickets. When I call to ask for a supervisor, they tell me my case manager is my supervisor. Just truly UFB. “JeepCares” doesn’t care. This is one of the worst customer experiences I’ve had, and I truly, truly wish I had never bought a Jeep or anything from FCA.

Funny thing is, the “BIG UPDATE” that I was “promised” would fix my issues, didn’t. These guys are clueless.
Had the exact same experience

Guppy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Cherokee
Well, ironically, I finally heard back this afternoon. Essentially, instead of trying to fix the issue, the “feature” has been discontinued. So, it will not be supported anymore. What total B.S., because the favorites feature worked absolutely fine, before one of the updates about 2 years ago.

gssnyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I have a 2020 rubicon 2liter turbo. I got a new radio on warranty last week. Same old problem with favorites. Discouraging. Jeep needs to fix this for all of us
They replaced my head unit last year when I first started having issues and like you, it didn't fix the problem.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Um been following this thread for a long time. Couple months back I bought the new map update and it came with an additional USB stick for UConnect Update. Several small tweaks that most of you already have (combined Media/Radio button, map display on radio, etc). Doing so I lost all by FM/AM/XM presets, and I lost all my favorite "songs" too.

I left it alone hoping they would come back, they never did. But recently I started tagging songs again and decided to pick an overplayed song to test it. Favorites work, that song "beeps" my display a lot.

So maybe an update by USB is required for you instead of "over the air updates"? Granted I have an early 2018, and never have had it replaced. I have gone through multiple issues at the beginning that seem to have gone away over time. My 1st 6 months of ownership I had to pull Fuse 97 regularly to get past radio lock ups.

Only issue I still have, but more seldom these days is "no volume" on vehicle start up, but from here I learned a quick push of AM, then back to XM fixes it. Odd right? :)

Hope this helps!
Sponsored