Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

Redcabotiger

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
I'm not sure if everyone else is experiencing an increased frequency of problems with the Uconnect issues, or if it's just me, but my system has been malfunctioning at a much (!) higher rate lately... At this point, the freezing of the backup camera screen, complete loss of touch screen function, steering wheel controls and constant system reboots, have all become a daily occurrence. These issues have also become increasingly more distracting and dangerous, with no end in sight!
I agree completely. This problem gets worse and worse, then a little better... then worse and worse. Two weeks ago, I lost XM radio and the touchscreen for almost four hours during a road trip from So Cal to Vegas. I nearly made it to the dealer with the backup camera “stuck on” this time but... would not have mattered because it was Sunday and there were no service advisors.

I am a year into this car; have had Jeep reach out to me to tell me that “gosh this is such a hard bug to fix”... but also “how likely are you to recommend Jeep to friends and family?” Seriously?! I am actively talking people OUT of Jeep at this point because quality is clearly not a priority for the company!

Apologies for the rant but... as a former 15 year Toyota Highlander owner, I cannot imagine being left hanging like this. My parents have an Overland that I love to drive; I really wanted to love this car too—and would have, if the quality had been there.
Sponsored

Reactions: DRZ

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Talked to Uconnect support yesterday they still have no definitive date on the software upgrade she said they are trying to get everyone up to date on the latest version wise before this fix update which made no sense to me and yes it’s distracting annoying and terrible losing functionality of controls there maybe should be a class action lawsuit I mean they been working a this important fix for months

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well, it is now almost June and still no fix in sight. I don't think we are EVER going to get the fix for this- anyone heard anything new?

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well, it is now almost June and still no fix in sight. I don't think we are EVER going to get the fix for this- anyone heard anything new?
Sent them an email three days ago like WTF is going on .. no response yet

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I just got another OTA update, today. After the one a few months ago my favorites started working, but with an occasional glitch (ie they’d sometime disappear after the initial alert).

Only one trip under my belt after today’s update, but so far favorites are working.

Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working.  Help! F7EB50B3-1E83-4957-A174-C1D3BB73E48F

Sponsored

OP
OP

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
I just got another OTA update, today. After the one a few months ago my favorites started working, but with an occasional glitch (ie they’d sometime disappear after the initial alert).

Only one trip under my belt after today’s update, but so far favorites are working.
Today's update fixed NOTHING. Two hours after installing it I started my Jeep and the Uconnect radio was completely unresponsive. One minute later it crashed and rebooted. Then later when driving around, the favorites disappeared as they always have. I think anyone that reads this thread already knows that OldGuyNewJeep has not really had many issues with his radio (since the update before this one) unlike the rest of us, who continue to have problems. Just sayin.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today's update fixed NOTHING. Two hours after installing it I started my Jeep and the Uconnect radio was completely unresponsive. One minute later it crashed and rebooted. Then later when driving around, the favorites disappeared as they always have. I think anyone that reads this thread already knows that OldGuyNewJeep has not really had many issues with his radio (since the update before this one) unlike the rest of us, who continue to have problems. Just sayin.
I also had an issue right after the update: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...essage-anyone-know-details.66830/post-1519412

Sucks that yours is not any better. I’m holding out hope that mine is. While my favorites work most of the time since the previous update, I do get an occasional random reboot or loss of backup lines. Definitely annoying.

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I also had an issue right after the update: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...essage-anyone-know-details.66830/post-1519412

Sucks that yours is not any better. I’m holding out hope that mine is. While my favorites work most of the time since the previous update, I do get an occasional random reboot or loss of backup lines. Definitely annoying.
Reboots freezing apps disappear reappear favorites there sometimes I think we all need to agree these over the air updates aint the final fix as I was told the big final fix will be not over the air.. this situation just plain sucks and with no real end in site…

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reboots freezing apps disappear reappear favorites there sometimes I think we all need to agree these over the air updates aint the final fix as I was told the big final fix will be not over the air.. this situation just plain sucks and with no real end in site…
I’m not holding on to much hope that these glitches will ever be fully fixed. I just went for another drive, and now my off-road pages don’t load. “Try again, later.” I bet when I try again, it’ll work. Annoying.

UConnect 5 is rolling out to some makes, already. The fix for our “antiquated” UConnect 4 systems will be to buy a new vehicle… except we know UConnect 5 will come with its own bugs.

Looking at aftermarket reviews, they also complain of bugs.

Do I miss the AC Delco push-button stereo from my youth? No. An infrequent reboot or blue screen when reversing is still way better than three static-y stations. (I do, however, miss the heat/ac sliders. They worked way better than their digital replacements!)

Even with the bugs, this UConnect 4 setup is still better than what’s in my 2015 Honda and 2016 GMC. 🤷‍♂️

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR

Same issues here. Do you have this one too? If you are using Android Auto and receive a text message, do you hear a notification sound, a beep? I used to, no longer though.

Sponsored

gssnyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Although I haven't experienced the reverse lines issue most have, I have experienced plenty of other problems. As I commented before, the dealership replaced my head unit thinking that was the problem. They told me they had never heard of the problems I was having but I because I had picture and video evidence of it and because it failed on them during an update, they felt the replacement was valid. Shortly after I got it back, I started having problems again. That was in December. Six months later, all I got from my dealer was "bring it in so we can go over it thoroughly." I told them I can't just drop my jeep off for who knows how long only to have the issue still going on when I pick it up. I'm due now for a maintenance job so I'll be dropping it soon and having them "look into" the continued radio problems.

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Welp- looks like this thread has almost died- we are now into 2021 Q3 and no fix in sight that I know of. I remain skeptical this is ever going to get fixed...

ChrisR1999

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Trailhawk
Same problem with the favourites function in my 2021 Cherokee trailhawk. This problem is not new to me. Had the same exact problem in my 2019 limited. I have a few ideas as to what’s causing it because it was working fine up until a few days ago after I added a few particular things to the favorites list. Will see how it goes

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Please share your thoughts :like:
My thoughts it’s more then a favorite issue.. reboots freezes screen unresponsive screen it’s the Uconnect software period that’s junk
Sponsored