Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Ok, so I spoke too soon. Today while driving my favorites started disappearing again. So it's not fixed for me.
But.... but... @OldGuyNewJeep even doubled down that it was all better now! ;)

:giggle:
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Ok, so I spoke too soon. Today while driving my favorites started disappearing again. So it's not fixed for me.
Same here. Iā€™ve both a 2018 JLR and a 2020 JTR and the update didnā€™t fix. Thereā€™s another thread where they received info that a fix was coming in March 2021. Weā€™ll see...

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
But.... but... @OldGuyNewJeep even doubled down that it was all better now! ;)

:giggle:
Itā€™s been working and ZERO reboots, which is all I really care about.

Maybe thereā€™s a new algorithm that clears the list if the favorited songs/artists suck. šŸ˜‚

jim winkelman

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram 3500
that sucks so bad...like i said i canceled xm yesterday but this morning it was still working(maybe it wont stop til end of bill cycle?) but favorites were working..then after @ 5min they stoped... did the same thing after work...this is so messed up

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I had a uConnect update today. 2019 but it didn't give any details what it was for. Only said it did not include map updates.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very strange. I just took a long drive and itā€™s working for me. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Are you guys tapping the alert that pops up on top of the a screen? Iā€™ve seen that disappear rather quickly, but that has always been the case for me. If I catch it in time it works.

Browse > Favorites is working for me just fine.

Of course, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be back to eat crow because I canā€™t be the only person for whom this works... right?

For you guys still having an issue, can you at least confirm you no longer have random reboots after accessing the favorites list?

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Uggghh- that sucks. Well, at least I can now stop being obsessed with trying to get the update to pop up for me- lol.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Day 3 with the update. Itā€™s still working, knock wood.

Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working.  Help! 54E82E4D-9058-45A1-859E-23F7E1B776A8

OP
OP

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Uggghh- that sucks. Well, at least I can now stop being obsessed with trying to get the update to pop up for me- lol.
In addition to the update not fixing the favorites as I initially thought, I was driving today and the Uconnect system crashed and rebooted as I was tooling down the road.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In addition to the update not fixing the favorites as I initially thought, I was driving today and the Uconnect system crashed and rebooted as I was tooling down the road.
Uuuuuugh. Sorry to hear that.

Do you have the 3.6, 2.0, or diesel? I ask because Iā€™m developing a hunch that some of the UConnect flakiness (reboots, loss of back up lines, blue screen in reverse, etc.) may have to do with battery health. I have no hard evidence, but I recently bypassed my AUX battery and put in a much beefier main battery. My radio has not flaked out once since.

My theory is that if the battery is low (EVIC will show alternator putting out 14.6v or even higher) that the UConnect flakes out.

If you put a multimeter on your terminals in the morning before driving, Iā€™d be curious to know what the voltage is. (Or put Jeep in run mode, but donā€™t start engine and then look at EVIC or ORP to see voltage.)

Shot in the dark, I know, but I do think the dual battery ESS setup (at least the two 12v setup - no clue about the 48v etorque) is nothing short of horrendous.

Dkramer807

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

Do you have the 3.6, 2.0, or diesel? I ask because Iā€™m developing a hunch that some of the UConnect flakiness (reboots, loss of back up lines, blue screen in reverse, etc.) may have to do with battery health. I have no hard evidence, but I recently bypassed my AUX battery and put in a much beefier main battery. My radio has not flaked out once since.

My theory is that if the battery is low (EVIC will show alternator putting out 14.6v or even higher) that the UConnect flakes out.

If you put a multimeter on your terminals in the morning before driving, Iā€™d be curious to know what the voltage is. (Or put Jeep in run mode, but donā€™t start engine and then look at EVIC or ORP to see voltage.)

Shot in the dark, I know, but I do think the dual battery ESS setup (at least the two 12v setup - no clue about the 48v etorque) is nothing short of horrendous.
I have the 3.6, and I have noticed that lately I get a ā€œAUX switches unavailable while battery chargesā€ message on start up. But hard to believe everyone started having battery problems at the same time as a update.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 3.6, and I have noticed that lately I get a ā€œAUX switches unavailable while battery chargesā€ message on start up. But hard to believe everyone started having battery problems at the same time as a update.
I think the battery problems start before these things leave the lot, in some cases. Mine is not yet three years old and the dealer already replaced my AUX battery under warranty. Two months later it was clear my main was also dying, but I was fed up so I just invested in a quality replacement. I also bought a 5amp charger/maintainer to go with. I sure didnā€™t like spending $340 for these things when the vehicle is still under warranty, but I sleep better. My EVIC now shows the alternator putting out 12.6v, and I can hear the engine turn over faster. šŸ¤”

Bypassing the AUX is really my best mod to date, and the Northstar main battery is a close second.

Anyhow, I donā€™t mean to derail this thread. For all I know my radio will reboot the next time I drive. Itā€™s just a hunch, but I donā€™t think itā€™s far fetched. Look at all the threads about ā€œmy Jeep stopped and the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree!ā€ In almost all cases, new batteries were the solution...

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Me too

OP
OP

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL

I've got the 3.6. My stop/start feature stopped working a while ago. Most people aren't crazy about that feature so I never brought it into the dealership to get it looked at. I am still under warranty. I have read that it's typically a blown fuse that causes this, or maybe an auxiliary battery problem that prevents it from working properly. I'll have it looked at during my next oil change as my warranty is up in 3 months. So if it is a battery issue, that could lend some evidence to support your theory.
Sponsored

Last edited: