Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

OP
OP

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
How did you know it was doing the update also what is the version
Because I pulled into a parking lot and turned off the vehicle and as soon as I did a message popped up on the Uconnect screen that said something to the effect of "an over the air update is available for your uconnect system. To install, your car must be in park with the ignition off. Would you like to begin the update? Yes/no". As I updated a progress bar was on the screen through the entire update and it took all of 40 minutes or so.

As for the version of the update, going to apps, settings and system does not tell me the software version. If there's another way to find it out via button presses let me know and I'll check. Oh, and I did NOT have any kind of case open about it.
Sponsored

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Because I pulled into a parking lot and turned off the vehicle and as soon as I did a message popped up on the Uconnect screen that said something to the effect of "an over the air update is available for your uconnect system. To install, your car must be in park with the ignition off. Would you like to begin the update? Yes/no". As I updated a progress bar was on the screen through the entire update and it took all of 40 minutes or so.

As for the version of the update, going to apps, settings and system does not tell me the software version. If there's another way to find it out via button presses let me know and I'll check. Oh, and I did NOT have any kind of case open about it.
Thanks

OP
OP

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Did you have an open case for this issue? Can you share the full version number of your now upgraded unit? (From memory, I think you tap Apps > Settings > System Info)
Software version: 20.37.11
BootMicro version: 18.41.01

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I googled how to get into the dealer service menu and found out what the sofware version was.

Thank you for this!

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yay. I just went to check my version, and Booya!

Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working.  Help! 71E08ABE-63EB-424A-91AB-9A1FA9B685D2
Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working.  Help! CBB43AAE-2A91-4675-8D3D-AB1903D91A93

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I googled how to get into the dealer service menu and found out what the sofware version was.

Press temp and rear defrost button at the same time?

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just a question, do either of you have a Tazer installed? Just wondering if guys would have to take out to get the update.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Stopped in to mention that I received the OTA update this evening as well. Popped up when I went to turn it off after coming home from work. First stop was a quick stop, so I didn't let the OTA run, but as I made a few other stops, it prompted me each time I shut off the Jeep. Finally made it home for the evening and let it run. Like the OP said, took about 40 minutes. In my case, when I first turned on the Jeep, I had no sound on any input I tried. Hit the power button to turn off and back on, and when it came back, I had audio again. It also wiped out all but three of my favorites, so you might want to jot them down before you run the update if you can't remember what they were. The rest of the audio settings were left alone. Here's hoping it fixes some of these on-going issues!

Just a question, do either of you have a Tazer installed?
I don't have a Tazer on mine.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a question, do either of you have a Tazer installed? Just wondering if guys would have to take out to get the update.
I have an original two piece Tazer. I did unplug it from the OBDII port, but did not unmarry it.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Hate to say it, but doesn't appear the OTA fixed the favorites...at least not on mine. :(

As I posted above, got the OTA last night. On the way in to work this morning, first time a favorites alert popped up, I hit it and got the "None of your selected favorites are currently on-air" or however its worded. At least it never rebooted itself, I suppose.

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica
Hate to say it, but doesn't appear the OTA fixed the favorites...at least not on mine. :(

As I posted above, got the OTA last night. On the way in to work this morning, first time a favorites alert popped up, I hit it and got the "None of your selected favorites are currently on-air" or however its worded. At least it never rebooted itself, I suppose.
Crap! I was really hoping that this OTA would end this ridiculousness for all of us!!

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR