Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
The whole thing sucks the reboots the freezing the favorites disappearing this is so wide spread how is not a fix out already and what kind of quality control software testing so they do?????
About the same level as Microsoft! The consumer is the QA/Testing unit!
Sponsored

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mine is continuing to do the same thing it has been doing since the beginning- most of the time my favorites work when first starting the car. It will work for anywhere from a minute to 5 minutes and then stop. I do continue to get the favorite artist notifcations (visual and audio) but it only stays on the screen for a split second.....

As far as this ever getting fixed?? I will believe it when I see it.
So today I went on around a 40 minute drive without turning car off- and my favorites worked correctly for the entire trip. I bought this car (2020 GC) in October and this is the first time it has ever worked for that long- before today the longest it ever worked for me was around 10 minutes.

i highly doubt it is fixed- probably just a fluke, but I will be interested to see what happens tomorrow.

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
So today I went on around a 40 minute drive without turning car off- and my favorites worked correctly for the entire trip. I bought this car (2020 GC) in October and this is the first time it has ever worked for that long- before today the longest it ever worked for me was around 10 minutes.

i highly doubt it is fixed- probably just a fluke, but I will be interested to see what happens tomorrow.
Welp- just as a feared, yesterday was just a fluke- today it is back to not working......

Oh well.......

Redcabotiger

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
I took my 2020 JGC in for service on Tuesday: the screen continues to misbehave. (I was in a parking lot on Christmas Eve, fairly empty and thus able to safely snap some photos of the car in drive and moving forward—allbeit slowly—with the backup camera still displaying, followed by the blue screen reboot.) Showed the photos to my local CJD dealer service; they said “OK let’s check it out.”

Dealer kept it overnight, checked for error codes... downloaded everything they could to ensure I was on the most current software release, which I already was... they could find ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with my vehicle. Beyond frustrating!

It does not feel like Jeep understands the magnitude of this issue or how annoying it is. It is maybe a “borderline” safety issue at best (the screen malfunction is distracting but it doesn’t prevent the car from operating safely)... they are not gonna fix it unless a whole bunch of us complain.

If you haven’t initiated a service order (particularly all of you still under warranty), please do so: this dealer in urban Los Angeles had never even heard of this problem!

Redcabotiger

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4

so here’s what’s weird: I bought my JGC in May—also a 2020–and this problem started sometime in August or September. (It was not always like that.) I am sorry you didn’t get to experience an error free existence in your brand new vehicle: at one point, these functions were actually a pleasure to have. I hope you get that at some point.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
so here’s what’s weird: I bought my JGC in May—also a 2020–and this problem started sometime in August or September. (It was not always like that.) I am sorry you didn’t get to experience an error free existence in your brand new vehicle: at one point, these functions were actually a pleasure to have. I hope you get that at some point.
Yeah Ive had my Wrangler since May if 2018 and I had a few bugs here and there but the last couple months this favorites issue is out of control. It never works once the car has been running for over 10 minutes or so. Either Sirius XM changed something on their end, or UCONNECT messed something up on their end.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I took my 2020 JGC in for service on Tuesday: the screen continues to misbehave. (I was in a parking lot on Christmas Eve, fairly empty and thus able to safely snap some photos of the car in drive and moving forward—allbeit slowly—with the backup camera still displaying, followed by the blue screen reboot.) Showed the photos to my local CJD dealer service; they said “OK let’s check it out.”

Dealer kept it overnight, checked for error codes... downloaded everything they could to ensure I was on the most current software release, which I already was... they could find ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with my vehicle. Beyond frustrating!

It does not feel like Jeep understands the magnitude of this issue or how annoying it is. It is maybe a “borderline” safety issue at best (the screen malfunction is distracting but it doesn’t prevent the car from operating safely)... they are not gonna fix it unless a whole bunch of us complain.

If you haven’t initiated a service order (particularly all of you still under warranty), please do so: this dealer in urban Los Angeles had never even heard of this problem!
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares
This is not an isolated case I have a 2020 grand Cherokee limited x edition from time to time the screen also freezes besides the favorites disappearing all the time read through this thread this is a wide spread issue we take it to the dealer and they say all is ok FIX THE PROBLEM

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
I have the standard radio in my JLR I get the alerts but I don’t know how to tune it to the channel my fav is playing on. I’ve read the manual and it doesn’t tell you how to tune to the alert. Any help would be great!

Sponsored

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have the standard radio in my JLR I get the alerts but I don’t know how to tune it to the channel my fav is playing on. I’ve read the manual and it doesn’t tell you how to tune to the alert. Any help would be great!
When the song or band comes up that you want to save as a fave you should be a little thing on the side I believe it’s a heart or just says fave press that and it’ll ask you if you want to fave the song or the band ..Your fav list should just come up from there you press the favorite song or band

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
When the song or band comes up that you want to save as a fave you should be a little thing on the side I believe it’s a heart or just says fave press that and it’ll ask you if you want to fave the song or the band ..Your fav list should just come up from there you press the favorite song or band
I have them saved but when I get the notification one is playing I don’t know how to get to it to listen.