Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Self serve update via USB only gives you whatever the latest GA version is - i.e. same version that gets pushed over the air

Dealers have access to newer patch builds.
How do you know it will be a patch fix? It could also be a whole new build
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
They canā€™t push an unconnect update over the air
Huh? Yes, they can and have. I got my Jeep in June 2018, and so far they have pushed one OTA upgrade (it added off-road pages and fixed bugs).

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you know it will be a patch fix? It could also be a whole new build
Yes, I agree and a poster above was told 21CYQ1 for release. What Iā€™m saying is that dealers have access to interim patch builds that consumers are not permitted to download. (Iā€™m not suggesting a fix for this issue exists, yet.)

Last edited:

Rob052067

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Adding another 2020 GC Limited exhibiting the problems discussed here.

Does anyone from FCA monitor these threads?

BVES4

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK 2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Add 2019 JLU to the list....in the same commute, I have it work then all of the sudden...nothing. A real head-scratcher. Hopefully a fix soon

Sponsored

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica
Happy New Year to all! has anyone been able to resolve this issue yet?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happy New Year to all! has anyone been able to resolve this issue yet?
Yesterday, my favorites were working and radio did not reboot. I was only in the road for a few minutes, so that could have been a fluke. Fingers crossed.

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yesterday, my favorites were working and radio did not reboot. I was only in the road for a few minutes, so that could have been a fluke. Fingers crossed.
Well mine worked and stopped again yesterday afternoon so I doubt this thing is fixed Iā€™m guessing the only fix will be a patch or software upgrade

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well mine worked and stopped again yesterday afternoon so I doubt this thing is fixed Iā€™m guessing the only fix will be a patch or software upgrade
Mine is continuing to do the same thing it has been doing since the beginning- most of the time my favorites work when first starting the car. It will work for anywhere from a minute to 5 minutes and then stop. I do continue to get the favorite artist notifcations (visual and audio) but it only stays on the screen for a split second.....

As far as this ever getting fixed?? I will believe it when I see it.

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mine is continuing to do the same thing it has been doing since the beginning- most of the time my favorites work when first starting the car. It will work for anywhere from a minute to 5 minutes and then stop. I do continue to get the favorite artist notifcations (visual and audio) but it only stays on the screen for a split second.....

As far as this ever getting fixed?? I will believe it when I see it.
The worst part is when the whole thing freezes up

Sponsored

JayD1056

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Pontiac TransAm, 2019 Mini Cooper
So just did a long road trip. 15 hours. Mine will work for about 15 to 40 minutes after key up. And will stop working until next key cycle. the annoying part is i still get the notifications for favorite artist on air, but you don't know what station.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So just did a long road trip. 15 hours. Mine will work for about 15 to 40 minutes after key up. And will stop working until next key cycle. the annoying part is i still get the notifications for favorite artist on air, but you don't know what station.
So I guess weā€™re still awaiting a fix. Iā€™m more annoyed by the reboots that seem to come with this bug.

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
So I guess weā€™re still awaiting a fix. Iā€™m more annoyed by the reboots that seem to come with this bug.
The whole thing sucks the reboots the freezing the favorites disappearing this is so wide spread how is not a fix out already and what kind of quality control software testing is done ????? Best is the dealer acts like they never heard of the problem before

Last edited:
Reactions: DRZ

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The whole thing sucks the reboots the freezing the favorites disappearing this is so wide spread how is not a fix out already and what kind of quality control software testing so they do?????
Yeah, whatā€™s confusing is that this is a regression. I have one of the first 2dr ā€˜18s that came off the line and never had any issues with the radio until this started happening. I mean, every once in a blue moon my backup camera would go blank or lose its grid lines, but a reboot always cured it.

The only over the air update I ever got was back in the summer of 2018. So, what changed? Since the UConnect build has not changed, my guess is that Sirius/XM made some kind of change and FCA needs to accommodate.

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yeah, whatā€™s confusing is that this is a regression. I have one of the first 2dr ā€˜18s that came off the line and never had any issues with the radio until this started happening. I mean, every once in a blue moon my backup camera would go blank or lose its grid lines, but a reboot always cured it.

The only over the air update I ever got was back in the summer of 2018. So, what changed? Since the UConnect build has not changed, my guess is that Sirius/XM made some kind of change and FCA needs to accommodate.
Ok hereā€™s whatā€™s weird I just 3 Months ago traded in my 2018 jeep Cherokee latitude never had a problem right up until the day I traded it in September 22 so I donā€™t get it.. but it wasnā€™t the 8.4 size screen and had to have a different software load
Sponsored