Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
On the way to work this morning (1 hr) the favorites worked with no problem. Heading home the favorites list only lasted 10 minutes. It’s so frustrating
Yup same no rhyme or reason as to why
Sponsored

Robert.volpi

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 grand Cherokee 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk
Add mine to the list for this problem. Has anyone taken it to the dealer? What did they say? I’m getting tired of all of the problems with this thing.
I’ve had my new Grand Cherokee radio replaced because of this. The dealer thought the replacement would fix the problem. Well, it did not work. The dealership said there was no info from corporate about this problem?!? I called corporate today. They are aware of the issue and a software update will be available 1st qtr 2021! Geez, simple questions should be answered by dealership.

Allhalloween

First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I’ve had my new Grand Cherokee radio replaced because of this. The dealer thought the replacement would fix the problem. Well, it did not work. The dealership said there was no info from corporate about this problem?!? I called corporate today. They are aware of the issue and a software update will be available 1st qtr 2021! Geez, simple questions should be answered by dealership.
Do we automatically get a system update? Or do we have to go to the dealership for it? I noticed my maps is already outdated for my area and they told me it would cost almost $300 if I wanted to get the software update for that when it comes available.

Allhalloween

First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Also the past couple days I’ve had favorites working for about 20 minutes for two different times in the car! Then it just stops working again :-/ anyone else have this happen the past couple days?

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica
Yes, mine has been "working" at times, but it seems to have a mind of it's own and it will always eventually end up erroring out for me. Every so often, my touchscreen will also reboot itself while I'm driving, and prior to this issue, I have never seen it do that before...

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Yes, mine has been "working" at times, but it seems to have a mind of it's own and it will always eventually end up erroring out for me. Every so often, my touchscreen will also reboot itself while I'm driving, and prior to this issue, I have never seen it do that before...
My evidence is only anecdotal at this point (I’m hardly driving anywhere these days), but I think the reboots occur only if you access the favorites screen. If you ignore the alerts and don’t go to that screen, it might prevent the reboots. I’m basing this on my unit not rebooting the last half dozen trips during which I just ignored favorites alerts.

Reactions: DRZ

Redcabotiger

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
2020 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4.... add mine to the list too. Favorites come and go and my backup camera has gone black while still in reverse as well. Smh. This car is 6 months old, has just over 2,000 miles on it—and this is not even the worst problem I have had.

Does not bode well for the future.

Redcabotiger

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
So I'm the original poster of this thread. I came back today because my Wrangler started acting up with the favorites again just as how I described in the original post. It hasn't worked for the last week. But now I see a bunch of replies from other people that are experiencing the same thing all within the last week or so. It can't be a coincidence. Did Jeep flip a switch or send out a silent OTA that messed everything up? Hope they fix it soon!!!
Mine has been this way for approximately six weeks; it was.... around mid-October when the favorites went out. Comes and goes; the flag still works, but if I press it or browse to favorites, it says something about no favorites currently available or something to that effect.

Dkramer807

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Two days ago, mine rebooted while driving, then the touchscreen didn’t work, even the power button and screen off buttons didn’t work. Volume didn’t work either. Then it rebooted again while driving, and everything worked fine after that for the remainder of the 20 min drive. Yesterday, favorites didn’t work. Very frustrating!

OP
OP

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
Two days ago, mine rebooted while driving, then the touchscreen didn’t work, even the power button and screen off buttons didn’t work. Volume didn’t work either. Then it rebooted again while driving, and everything worked fine after that for the remainder of the 20 min drive. Yesterday, favorites didn’t work. Very frustrating!
In addition to having the favorites problem that everyone else is experiencing, mine crashed and rebooted a few times in the last week or two. This has never happened before. This definitely seems to be software related since everyone is experiencing it. Hopefully they figure out a fix soon.

Sponsored

ChargerGrl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Charger
Lucky! I hope it’s a fix! I didn’t have the same luck today...same old thing with disappearing favorites five minutes after getting in my brand new Grand Cherokee.
My luck ran out. It's gone back to being intermittent

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Also the past couple days I’ve had favorites working for about 20 minutes for two different times in the car! Then it just stops working again :-/ anyone else have this happen the past couple days?
Yup same thing here

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Do we automatically get a system update? Or do we have to go to the dealership for it? I noticed my maps is already outdated for my area and they told me it would cost almost $300 if I wanted to get the software update for that when it comes available.
System updates you can do yourself with a usb drive or the dealer can do it. The map is separate and yes you need to pay for that upgrade

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
System updates you can do yourself with a usb drive or the dealer can do it. The map is separate and yes you need to pay for that upgrade
Self serve update via USB only gives you whatever the latest GA version is - i.e. same version that gets pushed over the air

Dealers have access to newer patch builds.

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Self serve update via USB only gives you whatever the latest GA version is - i.e. same version that gets pushed over the air

Dealers have access to newer patch builds.
They can’t push an unconnect update over the air
Sponsored