Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

Kev22mac

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland
But did it keep working and has stayed that way?? For me, sometimes it does start working but it is always temporary and always goes back to not working..
When I start the truck it works for about 10-15 minutes and then it goes away.
Sponsored

Dkramer807

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I took mine to the dealership today, they are waiting to hear back from 5 star. Didn’t fix it, said there is an update scheduled in the first quarter. So I don’t know if taking it there was worthwhile. Maybe if enough people take them in they will make it more of a priority.

Dkramer807

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Question, my camera doesn’t have the guide lines on it now either, just wondering if any of you have the same thing, like a connection to the blue screen favorites problem, or this is completely separate?

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Mine just started doing this about a week ago too. Around the same time I got a blue screen and multiple radio reboots.

Super annoying. So now I'm waiting for another unknown OTA update to fix that and break something else...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Xphyle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
So I'm the original poster of this thread. I came back today because my Wrangler started acting up with the favorites again just as how I described in the original post. It hasn't worked for the last week. But now I see a bunch of replies from other people that are experiencing the same thing all within the last week or so. It can't be a coincidence. Did Jeep flip a switch or send out a silent OTA that messed everything up? Hope they fix it soon!!!

Allhalloween

First Name
Adrienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I’m having this same issue with getting the notification of a favorite being on and then going to favorites and nothing being there. I’ve only had my 2021 Grand Cherokee for 2 weeks so I thought maybe I did something incorrectly but now I see I’m not the only one having this issue! So frustrating!

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mine started on 11/6, when did everyone else’s start acting up?
We just bought our 2020 Overland GC on 10/31 and ours has not worked from day 1. I have figured out exactly the pattern on ours. When first starting the car, the favorites work for a few minutes- sometimes one or two, sometimes 15-20. But it always stops working. When it first starts working, I keep my screen on the favorites page, and when it stops working, all the favorites currently playing disappear from the screen completely. And it won't work again until turning the car off for at least 10 minutes for the uconnect system to fully reset.

I have noticed that even when it is not working, i still get notifications of favorites, but it only stays on the screen for a second or two before disappearing. So the system is still somehow able to identify favorites.

Also, on ours, even when it does work for the first few minutes after starting the car, the visual notifications don't work correctly- they only stay on the screen for a second or two before disappearing. They are supposed to stay there until you click it.

It is a really, really weird thing. It would be one thing if it just wasn't working at all, but to sometimes work and then only half correct is truly bizarre.

On my 2015 GC that we just traded in, I never had a single issue with this- worked perfectly for 6 years.

I do feel a little better about it that it appears to be affecting alot of us- hopefully a fix will come somehow. I know its not a life and death thing, but it is driving me insane becuse this is one of my favorite radio features...

Hjml

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I've had my 2020 jl unlimited Rubicon 5 months. My "favorites" function stopped working around 11.4.20 after I had been driving for ~ 20 minutes. However, sometimes it will stop working after driving for only 5-10 minutes.

I had a jk unlimited Rubicon prior to the jl and the " favorites" feature never malfunctioned.

I have made an appointment with the dealership. I explained the problem to the gentleman when I made the appointment. What concerns me is that he said he had never heard of this problem.

I plan to stand next to my Jeep, so I can speak to the gentleman/lady before he/she drives my Jeep back to work on it. I don't know if it will make a difference, but I'm going to try it. While the guy up front may truly not have a clue, I find it impossible to believe that the men/women working on these vehicles aren't aware.

Sponsored

jim winkelman

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram 3500
2018 ram 3500...same thing going on as everyone is describing....if anyone gets a fix please post it!!

Jaker78

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4
This started around the first week of November on my 18 Ram 1500. I took it into the dealership I work at, and the radio was up to date. They refreshed the radio, but that didn’t work and there were no service bulletins either. I refreshed the signal on the SiriusXM side, just in case that was the issue, but no such luck. I hope they find a solution to this quickly. It was working perfectly fine before.

Hjml

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
This started around the first week of November on my 18 Ram 1500. I took it into the dealership I work at, and the radio was up to date. They refreshed the radio, but that didn’t work and there were no service bulletins either. I refreshed the signal on the SiriusXM side, just in case that was the issue, but no such luck. I hope they find a solution to this quickly. It was working perfectly fine before.
I also refreshed the signal with SiriusXM without luck. The gentleman at Sirius felt the problem is with the vehicle. Is it possible that he is wrong since Sirius is responsible for the favorites function? could it be that the software in the jl is so different from the jk and that is the cause for the problem?

I'm struggling with accepting the fact that if this is a problem with the vehicle, then how is it that the dealership seems to not have any knowledge of it and has not been able to correct it.

I truly don't know.

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I also refreshed the signal with SiriusXM without luck. The gentleman at Sirius felt the problem is with the vehicle. Is it possible that he is wrong since Sirius is responsible for the favorites function? could it be that the software in the jl is so different from the jk and that is the cause for the problem?

I'm struggling with accepting the fact that if this is a problem with the vehicle, then how is it that the dealership seems to not have any knowledge of it and has not been able to correct it.

I truly don't know.
I have a Grand Cherokee and mine is not working either. With so many on here having the issue, and it seemingly just started a few weeks ago, I absolutely do not think it is a problem with the vehicles. It has to be something on the Sirius/Uconnect side. The fact that it sometimes works when first starting the car and then it kind of "partially" works (getting alerts even though the favorites page stays empty) makes it even more strange.

I just don't see how it could be something with our vehicles- everything is working perfectly with Sirius except this pretty obscure feature.

The problem with something this obscure is i bet a majority of people don't even use or even know about the feature- i just hope enough of us report it so that it gets looked at an hopefully an over the air fix will solve it.

Foulness

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Well, it has been working. Noticed this morning on the drive to work that it is acting up again.
Sponsored