Sponsored

Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working. Help!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I've got the 3.6. My stop/start feature stopped working a while ago. Most people aren't crazy about that feature so I never brought it into the dealership to get it looked at. I am still under warranty. I have read that it's typically a blown fuse that causes this, or maybe an auxiliary battery problem that prevents it from working properly. I'll have it looked at during my next oil change as my warranty is up in 3 months. So if it is a battery issue, that could lend some evidence to support your theory.
It’s not going to be a fuse. You’d have other symptoms. Besides, you could very easily check that yourself.

Word of caution: this dumb design has the batteries wired in parallel when the ignition is off. That means if your little battery has a bad cell, for example, it’s going to draw down your main. Assuming you can still start up the next day, your alternator is going to do it’s best to bring the charge back up, but will be fighting a losing battle. That’s exactly what happened to me. Dealer replaced the little one and said the big one was fine... it wasn’t, perhaps because the bad little one kept drawing from it thereby shortening its life, or perhaps because the batteries they use are cheap junk.

Anyway, do consider bypassing that sucker after they give you a new one under warranty.

Tip: most shops are too busy to test batteries. If you go in with good info, chances are they’ll take your word for it and just slap in a new battery.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My favorites are still working. The update definitely fixed this issue for me.

richsteele

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 OB JLR
Finally got the OTA update but didn't fix it for me. It will work for longer sometimes, up to 45 minutes or so but it hasn't worked like it's supposed to since November 6th.

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Just this update from Uconnect support

...Re: Screen Freezes and SXM Favroites [ ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1Bolvw:ref ]

Hi Patrick,

This is Lauren from Uconnect Case Management at FCA Customer Care. I wanted to touch base with you and give an update on the case.

The 39 version software for the radio isn't available currently as our engineers are still developing and testing the update. I do apologize. We will need to allow more time for the update to come available. I will still follow up with you monthly giving updates.

Thank you for your time.
Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working.  Help! {filename}

So that over the air update wasn’t any real fix by the way I never even got it.. oh well we continue to wait

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just this update from Uconnect support

...Re: Screen Freezes and SXM Favroites [ ref:_00Dj01qsDF._5003Z1Bolvw:ref ]

Hi Patrick,

This is Lauren from Uconnect Case Management at FCA Customer Care. I wanted to touch base with you and give an update on the case.

The 39 version software for the radio isn't available currently as our engineers are still developing and testing the update. I do apologize. We will need to allow more time for the update to come available. I will still follow up with you monthly giving updates.

Thank you for your time.
Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect "Favorites" function just STOPPED working.  Help! {filename}

So that over the air update wasn’t any real fix by the way I never even got it.. oh well we continue to wait
I read in another thread that they have three updates coming, and two are out or being rolled out state by state.

My favorites was definitely fixed by the update I got a couple of weeks ago. I’ll try to get a picture of my version number.

Perhaps the bug doesn’t affect all units in the same way, hence a fix still being developed for “version 39.”

I hope you guys get a fix, soon. It’s a great feature and really the best reason to even pay $5.99/mo for Sirius.

Sponsored

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
The
I read in another thread that they have three updates coming, and two are out or being rolled out state by state.

My favorites was definitely fixed by the update I got a couple of weeks ago. I’ll try to get a picture of my version number.

Perhaps the bug doesn’t affect all units in the same way, hence a fix still being developed for “version 39.”

I hope you guys get a fix, soon. It’s a great feature and really the best reason to even pay $5.99/mo for Sirius.
freezing thing bothers me more as once the battery had to be disconnected to fix it

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Interesting I live in Florida haven’t gotten one over the air iodate 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The

freezing thing bothers me more as once the battery had to be disconnected to fix it
I have not had a single glitch since the OTA update (which happened, by coincidence, to coincide with me upgrading the main battery - see my theory above about battery health and UConnect, which I fully admit is speculative at best).

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have not had a single glitch since the OTA update (which happened, by coincidence, to coincide with me upgrading the main battery - see my theory above about battery health and UConnect, which I fully admit is speculative at best).
IMHO the real fix for screen freezing and favorites will be through a dealer software upgrade.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMHO the real fix for screen freezing and favorites will be through a dealer software upgrade.
I hope they also post to UConnect site so we can apply ourselves with usb. I am skeptical dealer will do such an update if out of warranty. I am at 35,580 miles...

Sponsored

gssnyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Dealership and Jeep Cares were both clueless about the radio issues, both the favorites disappearing and the freeze/reboot, when I took it in back in December. Dealer replaced the stereo and everything was working great for about a week. My favorites come and go, I get occasional freezing, and it's rebooted a couple of times. Dealer wants me to bring it back in so they can do a deep dive into the stereo. Problem is, they still don't have any idea what's wrong or how to fix it. At this point, I don't want to give it to them for who knows how long, and nothing be done to fix it.

Ppiteo

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dealership and Jeep Cares were both clueless about the radio issues, both the favorites disappearing and the freeze/reboot, when I took it in back in December. Dealer replaced the stereo and everything was working great for about a week. My favorites come and go, I get occasional freezing, and it's rebooted a couple of times. Dealer wants me to bring it back in so they can do a deep dive into the stereo. Problem is, they still don't have any idea what's wrong or how to fix it. At this point, I don't want to give it to them for who knows how long, and nothing be done to fix it.
The only thing is the software update from Uconnect and believe me they are aware and have sent bulletins to the dealers only recently... let’s hope it’s going to be soon

Reactions: DRZ

drwjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Finally got my software update popup- and it definitely did not have any effect on the favorites issue. Still not working....

DRZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chrysler Pacifica
I'm not sure if everyone else is experiencing an increased frequency of problems with the Uconnect issues, or if it's just me, but my system has been malfunctioning at a much (!) higher rate lately... At this point, the freezing of the backup camera screen, complete loss of touch screen function, steering wheel controls and constant system reboots, have all become a daily occurrence. These issues have also become increasingly more distracting and dangerous, with no end in sight!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure if everyone else is experiencing an increased frequency of problems with the Uconnect issues, or if it's just me, but my system has been malfunctioning at a much (!) higher rate lately... At this point, the freezing of the backup camera screen, complete loss of touch screen function, steering wheel controls and constant system reboots, have all become a daily occurrence. These issues have also become increasingly more distracting and dangerous, with no end in sight!
Opposite for me. This update came at the same time I bypassed my aux battery and replaced the main with a much better option, though. I have no evidence that doing those things has any impact on UConnect, but favorites works on my 2018 since the update... also no freezes or blue screen. I have lost my backup lines once or twice, but it has done that since day one.
Sponsored