Sponsored

Uconnect error 20 on usb update

lwkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger
I am trying to update my UAQ 8.4in uconnect from 18.14 to 21.9 (and then up higher and higher) with files I found on the ram forums that jeep owners and dodge owners have reported success with.

when I try to apply this update (or one version newer), it errors out and goes to code 20, restarts a few times and puts me back on my original firmware.

My vehicle is a 2018 Dodge Charger with a uconnect radio from a 2017 Chrysler- I am asking here as the jeep community has a lot of threads about the uconnect issues and a much more active community than the Dodge forums.

it may be worth noting that I had successfully updated to 18.14 from an even older version

Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I could be wrong, but I don't believe Challenger/Charger radios can be flashed with Jeep/RAM UConnect update files. They've got different update paths and the Performance Pages are likely attributed to builds of the UConnect QNX software specific to those vehicles.

OP
OP

lwkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger
I was under the impression that it pulls those additional files from the other modules in the vehicle as that’s what it did for me on 18.14 but that could be possible I suppose

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was under the impression that it pulls those additional files from the other modules in the vehicle
The radio doesn't pull any files from the vehicle. The vehicle doesn't store anything. What the radio does is activate features based on what it reads from the vehicle's CANBUS. That's why when the radio loses power, it needs up to 24 hours to fully re-learn and activate features like climate control, etc.

OP
OP

lwkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger
The radio doesn't pull any files from the vehicle. The vehicle doesn't store anything. What the radio does is activate features based on what it reads from the vehicle's CANBUS. That's why when the radio loses power, it needs up to 24 hours to fully re-learn and activate features like climate control, etc.
Good to know- on the 18.14 firmware that it is currently on that I was able to get from the other forum it does have the performance pages and everything works except for apple carplay (android auto does work)- so I have been looking to update the software again.

If they are different, do you know how I would go about getting the file? The official uconnect website is of no help and says that no matter what dodge charger/chrysler 300 vin I put in that it's "up to date", when isn't.

Would love to avoid a trip to a dealer who may just reject me at first sight

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

If they are different, do you know how I would go about getting the file?
If they are indeed different, I cannot verify, you'd have to track someone down that has what you need. The initial set of update files for the JL 8.4" radio was hosted by a forum member and, if I remember correctly, required a PM to that member.

Your last resort may in fact need to be a trip to the dealer.
Sponsored