Sponsored

UConnect Deleting Phonebook Favorites

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have 2019 jeep Cherokee... bought brand new! I have had the same issues with phone favorites disappearing..... I mostly notice it happening after I have connected android auto and then disconnected it! It happens sporadically, and the dealership can't get it to do it for them, so they say there is nothing they can do! Sooo frustrated! And everyone keeps telling me it's my phone! It's not! I have gotten a different (newer phone) not the latest and greatest cause I can't afford thousands of dollars for a new phone after paying for a brand new car! The employees at Chrysler keep telling me they haven't heard of anyone having this issue! Ugh!! Have had the update done, and still didn't fix this issue!
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
JeepCares
I have a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude with the 7" UConnect and it has lost the phonebook multiple times. I haven't set any favorites but the phonebook gets completely wiped. I have to disconnect the phone and reconnect it to repopulate. I have checked the VIN and it states my UConnect is up to date.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude with the 7" UConnect and it has lost the phonebook multiple times. I haven't set any favorites but the phonebook gets completely wiped. I have to disconnect the phone and reconnect it to repopulate. I have checked the VIN and it states my UConnect is up to date.
Hello,

Are you currently working with your Jeep dealer to get this addressed? Feel free to send our team a private message if you have any questions or concerns!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Hello,

Are you currently working with your Jeep dealer to get this addressed? Feel free to send our team a private message if you have any questions or concerns!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
I haven't reached out to the dealer regarding this yet. I am seeing if I can identify what causes it and also to see how often it occurs.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I have a similar issue, but I'm mostly using Android Auto and have no issues with my contacts through that. But every now and then I don't plug in and just use Bluetooth and it never keeps my favorite contacts. At first, I thought maybe connecting by wire and using Android Auto was the issue causing my saved favorites (when only connected by Bluetooth) to disappear. But then I tried to use the voice recognition (not using Android Auto) to call someone, and it wouldn't work. When I stopped and dug a little into the settings, there was no phonebook showing at all in the UConnect. I couldn't access any contacts, much less favorites. I then checked my phone's Bluetooth settings for the UConnect, contact access permission was turned off. I turned it on and could then see the contacts on UConnect, but the favorites did not come back. I added them back in.

Next time I connected by Bluetooth, favorite contacts were gone. I checked the phone settings and access to contacts permission was off again. It appears that is the cause of my problems, but I cannot figure out why I can't keep that permission on. I do not know if it is a phone issue or UConnect issue that is turning that permission off.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S20+.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Very well @Volstock, that's a good idea. If you or @MrGneissGuy decide to get this addressed by your dealer and would like our support, don't hesitate to send us a message!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Very well @Volstock, that's a good idea. If you or @MrGneissGuy decide to get this addressed by your dealer and would like our support, don't hesitate to send us a message!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Thank you very much, but this only happens to me when I am connected by Bluetooth only. As I am connected and using Android Auto 95% of the time with no issues, I doubt I'll try to get this addressed by the dealer.

I mostly posted in case it was information that might help others figure out what is going on with theirs.

eball

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport

Mine does the exact same thing. Every 5 or 6 days I have to disconnect, delete or forget the phone, reconnect the phone. It's so annoying! I feel your pain.

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD

Courtney
Jeep Cares
There seems to be multiple issues with the jeep system. Radio favorites will work, then stop working, work again, screen goes blank, reboots while driving are all pretty common complaints in the forums. There have been "upgrades" and it doesn't fix it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
There seems to be multiple issues with the jeep system. Radio favorites will work, then stop working, work again, screen goes blank, reboots while driving are all pretty common complaints in the forums. There have been "upgrades" and it doesn't fix it.
Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to resolve your concerns. If you'd like our support, send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help me get a better understanding of your situation.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Kprechtl

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara
I'm checking to see if anyone else is having this problem and if they might know how to fix it.

When I first got my JL I quickly set up a few phone contact favorites on my 7" UConnect. After a few days they had just disappeared and I had no favorite contacts. I repeated this and, voila, it happened again tonight.

I called my wife and tried to add her as a favorite while I was talking to her, but I couldn't. No matter how long or hard I pushed that damned button it just wouldn't save her as a favorite.

Anyone else experience this?
Same thing happened to me and I have a 22 jeep Sahara. It's so frustrating.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Same thing happened to me and I have a 22 jeep Sahara. It's so frustrating.
We're happy to have a look into this for you, Kprechtl. Feel welcome to send our team a private message with your VIN to get started.

Steph
Jeep Cares

HushHouse254

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
My Wrangler does the same thing. Load up the phone numbers while connected during a call (how bizarre) and then they all disappear the next time the vehicle is started. I think it's a Samsung thing. I'm not gonna fret over this. "They" try to pack all this tech into stuff and it doesn't work.

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
Both of mine, 2019 and 2021, have done this since they were new. The first time I mentioned it to the service dept they said I had the latest software update and that the engineers were aware of the issue and working on a fix. Several months later I brought it up again. They checked the software version and said it was my phone. Told me to install current software on phone. I've given up.

It's happened on 2 Jeeps with 4 different phones that were up to date. My Galaxy S7 and S21 and wifey S7 and S21.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My Wrangler does the same thing. Load up the phone numbers while connected during a call (how bizarre) and then they all disappear the next time the vehicle is started. I think it's a Samsung thing. I'm not gonna fret over this. "They" try to pack all this tech into stuff and it doesn't work.
Both of mine, 2019 and 2021, have done this since they were new. The first time I mentioned it to the service dept they said I had the latest software update and that the engineers were aware of the issue and working on a fix. Several months later I brought it up again. They checked the software version and said it was my phone. Told me to install current software on phone. I've given up.

It's happened on 2 Jeeps with 4 different phones that were up to date. My Galaxy S7 and S21 and wifey S7 and S21.
Hi HushHouse254 and tk1700,

I'm happy to have a further look into these concerns for you via PM if you are interested in additional assistance.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Sponsored