First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I checked my build sheet and I see my new Snazzy is equipped with the Auto Dimming rear view mirror.

I verified that my mirror looks like the representation of the Auto Dimming mirror. It has no manual adjustment tab on the bottom as is pictured in the manual. Anyway, checking the owners manual there are two references to the mirror.

The second reference says the mirror settings are in UConnect and can be changed there. I found "Mirror Settings" in the "Apps" section. When depressing "Mirror Settings" it only blinks. So I assume one press turns it On and one press turns it Off?
Sponsored

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
I checked my build sheet and I see my new Snazzy is equipped with the Auto Dimming rear view mirror.

I verified that my mirror looks like the representation of the Auto Dimming mirror. It has no manual adjustment tab on the bottom as is pictured in the manual. Anyway, checking the owners manual there are two references to the mirror.

The second reference says the mirror settings are in UConnect and can be changed there. I found "Mirror Settings" in the "Apps" section. When depressing "Mirror Settings" it only blinks. So I assume one press turns it On and one press turns it Off?
Dude, I am with you on that. I put my other Jeep behind me at night with the lights on to see any changes in the rear view mirror and there in nothing. I pressed the button on the Uconnect and it just blinks and no changes or dimming in the mirror. I have a JLU80 which comes standard with the “auto dimming rear view mirror.”What gives? Does it work or not? And what is the point of the app button on the Uconnect?

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I was wondering the same thing and found a YouTube video on it a while back and have to preface this with the fact that I was using closed captions, as I don't have a speaker at work, and I keep forgetting to watch it at home with sound or test it out. But...

It appears that the auto dimming rear view mirror (and maybe driver's side outside mirror as well) automatically dims, without any input at all from the driver. It is always on, except when you are in reverse. It turns off, presumably so you can see better, when in reverse and you can use the setting in the UConnect to turn it back on, if desired. Pushing that when not in reverse does nothing.

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
Thanks for the info, I will try that tonight. But when I had my other Jeep behind me, I had my brother turn on the high beams and there was no dimming of the rear view mirror, which negates the “auto” function of dimming. I am curious to see if there is a difference when in reverse and pressing the Uconnect button to see if there are changes.

BMB

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Did anyone ever figure anything out on this?

shiner61

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Did anyone ever find a solution for this? I have a 2020 JL and it's always dim. I cannot get it to adjust back.
Sponsored