Uconnect and Android Auto crashing

GraffiX

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Sport S
When ever I have my phone plugged in and any sort of media playing, the android auto app restarts and so does uconnect. This just started out of the blue 2 days ago. I tried the soft reset and that didn’t work. Today I tried using android app without connecting with usb and it worked without an issue, but android auto is obviously not connected to uconnect, only through Bluetooth. I tried 2 different usb cables, so that’s not it. I can’t figure out which end of the software is crashing the system. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Are you using an official cable for your phone? Iphone lightning cables are notoriously finicky. My Samsung Note 8 had the same behavior until I switched to the cable that came in the box. The menu even makes mention you have to use the official cable. Not saying it's that for sure but if you can test by using your cable that came in the box it will help you isolate it.

OP
OP

GraffiX

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Sport S
Initially it wasn’t, but I switched it out to what it came with. The funny thing is it worked for about a week after I got the Jeep.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Have you tried removing the app and reinstalling it? Or clearing its cache off the device? As much as I love Android Auto, Google is notorious for fixing things that aren't broken and app updates sometimes seem to screw things up to the point where they can only be resolved by a fresh install.

OP
OP

GraffiX

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Sport S
You are so right about that they love fixing things that aren't broken. I did do a reinstall but I didn't clear the cache, I'll try to clear cache, and soft reset again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GraffiX

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Sport S
Working now, wish I knew what I did to get it to work.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Other threads on the same subject referred to the USB-C cable. Did you use a different one? I guess either the UConnect unit or Android itself is very picky about the cable.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Try a new cable and clean your phone port out. Bad connections wreaks havoc on CarPlay. Phone cables can lose signal capability easily by a simple tug.

OP
OP

GraffiX

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Sport S
Other threads on the same subject referred to the USB-C cable. Did you use a different one? I guess either the UConnect unit or Android itself is very picky about the cable.
Used the same cable that came with the phone, it's USB cable (one side regular USB the other USB-c).

Not even going to try reverse the process to see what it was. One thing I've learned with computers and hardware is that one day it likes you, the next day it will destroy everything connected. I'm going to play nice, lol.
Sponsored