Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
I've not found a very definitive answer yet, but I'm assuming Wifi is not available on the 7" Uconnnect?

Any other major differences between the Nav and the Sirius stuff between 7 and 8.4?

Getting ready to pull the trigger...

Thanks!
Sponsored

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I have a 7 and it appears you lose the wifi, nav, sirius guardian and you cannot download apps on the 7 as far as I can tell. The 7 has very limited functions, but I'm not sure the 8.4 is worth it unless there is something specific you are looking for. An example would be navigation, because the phone map goes straight to the screen in a 7.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
If you have the 7 you can use Carplay. Carplay will give you maps, text, and there is a Sirius app so you don't HAVe to splurge on the bigger display. We got the bigger display with NAV but that was only because we purchased off lot ..The extra features are nice but you don't really gain a ton imo if you can utilize carplay

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
At first I missed the navagation but then I I started using Apple maps and even though it’s not quite as fancy it works rather well, the rest of the stuff like starting your car from an app on your phone is way overrated.

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
In the next full updated (iOS 12) you’ll be able to choose between Apple maps, google or Waze for your navigation

At first I missed the navagation but then I I started using Apple maps and even though it’s not quite as fancy it works rather well, the rest of the stuff like starting your car from an app on your phone is way overrated.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
In the next full outdated (iOS 12) you’ll be able to choose between Apple maps, google or Waze for your navigation
Why do you say outdated iOS 12 ?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no worries well you did have me worried some, I never DL the latest and greatest updates as sometimes it causes more problems :devil: so I usually wait a few weeks after it comes out
Sponsored