Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Black 2.0 Turbo
Occupation
Designer
Hello all!
2 questions here! Your input & knowledge is greatly appreciated as always....
1) Does anyone know what/when the last Unconnect update was for the 7" head unit?
2) I swapped out my 5" for a 7" head unit... do I need a donor VIN to check for an update or is there a site where i can simply download the latest
firmware?

-Thank you
Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect 7" Software/Firmware update? Thumbs Up
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

1) Does anyone know what/when the last Unconnect update was for the 7" head unit?
I don't believe there was ever an update for the 7". I had one in my '20 (until I upgraded to an 8.4") and I've yet to see any update for it. The 7" does not receive over-the-air updates.

To be honest, if it isn't broken, leave it be.

2) I swapped out my 5" for a 7" head unit... do I need a donor VIN to check for an update or is there a site where i can simply download the latest firmware?
Yes, you will need a VIN from a vehicle with the 7" from the factory. Enter the VIN here: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I don't believe there was ever an update for the 7". I had one in my '20 (until I upgraded to an 8.4") and I've yet to see any update for it. The 7" does not receive over-the-air updates.

To be honest, if it isn't broken, leave it be.

Yes, you will need a VIN from a vehicle with the 7" from the factory. Enter the VIN here: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html
I have an early 2018 and have periodically checked and there has never been an update, there may be one tied to say a TSB but the only way to get that if from the dealer

OP
OP
Offworld_Colonies

Offworld_Colonies

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S Black 2.0 Turbo
Occupation
Designer
I have an early 2018 and have periodically checked and there has never been an update, there may be one tied to say a TSB but the only way to get that if from the dealer
Thanks for the replies... I think you are correct all other threads point to the fact that there has been zero updates on the Uconnect site but there have been TSB updates via the dealer.
Jeep Obviously made their Headunit/stereo last on the totem pole in regards to effort... these Uconnect systems are buggy at best.
Sponsored