Uconnect 7" screen flicker

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Hey all! Very happy new Jeep owner here. Have a 2020 Sport S with the 7" Uconnect and noticed that the screen randomly flickers slightly. No functionality issues or obvious causes, it just randomly does a little flicker. I've paid attention to see if bumps make it happen (nope) and it doesn't matter what screen it's on, or whether it's on Android auto or not. Still get the flicker randomly. Anyone have any ideas or should I bring it in to the dealer to check it out? Just hit 1300 miles and I haven't made any mods or messed with anything electrical. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

one thing to check is set your display to the voltage read out. and see if when it flickers if the voltage jumps on the display. if you daily drive you should see about 13.2-13.6 volts and when your charging hard it can get up to 14.2-14.7 volts. I know when i first drive my jeep ( not a daily driver ) if i dont leave it on the battery tender during the week when i am not driving it, it will charge in the 14volts for the first 30 mins of driving. anyways. see if it flickers with the voltage change. This could nothing or it could be a resistor/capacitor problem.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey all! Very happy new Jeep owner here. Have a 2020 Sport S with the 7" Uconnect and noticed that the screen randomly flickers slightly. No functionality issues or obvious causes, it just randomly does a little flicker. I've paid attention to see if bumps make it happen (nope) and it doesn't matter what screen it's on, or whether it's on Android auto or not. Still get the flicker randomly. Anyone have any ideas or should I bring it in to the dealer to check it out? Just hit 1300 miles and I haven't made any mods or messed with anything electrical. Thanks in advance!
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

I have experienced the same flickering without an obvious cause and effect. Curious if you ended up taking it into the dealer, and if so what the results were?

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issue with mine, I only notice it when I am using Android Auto, but I think that is only because of the way the UI makes it easier to notice it. I will have to pay attention to the normal UI and see if it's doing when I am not using Android. I have just under 1000 miles on my Jeep.

Sponsored

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
check your fuses first... half of mine weren't pushed in all the way.

OP
OP
DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Hey all. Hadn't had a chance to look at this for a bit. Just checked my fuses after getting to work and about 1/3 of them were not pushed in all the way. So I'll pay attention to the screen (out of the corner of my eye of course :P) on the way home from work today. Thanks!

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Same thing has happened to my Sport S for a year now. It only happens when I am connected to CarPlay and have an app open. I re-set all of the fuses, I reinstalled fuses related to the headunit and usbs, disconnected the battery and nothing seemed to fix it. I brought in to the dealer a few months back and they couldn't replicate. At this point, I just accepted it.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

Same thing has happened to my Sport S for a year now. It only happens when I am connected to CarPlay and have an app open. I re-set all of the fuses, I reinstalled fuses related to the headunit and usbs, disconnected the battery and nothing seemed to fix it. I brought in to the dealer a few months back and they couldn't replicate. At this point, I just accepted it.
I checked fuses today and didnā€™t find any loose, now that I am paying more attention to it I do notice it happening with CarPlay and nothing else. Thanks for sharing all your efforts with this, kinda feels like itā€™s down to software at this point.

OP
OP
DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Yep, still happening even after setting all the fuses. It does only happen with Android auto for me as well so I guess it is more than likely a software issue. Checked the Jeep wave site and my uconnect is up to date. Hopefully Jeep will push an update to fix it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
So it seems to be happening to CarPlay and Android Auto so yeah I would think that is an issue on the Uconnect side, I thought at first it was only AA that was having the issue so it might have been something they needed to update but if it's happening on both platforms then I would imagine it's a host issue.

moisesj23

First Name
Moises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I'm also experiencing this issue and after calling Jeep, they put their hands up and said they don't know. Issue happens when using Apple Music and Spotify.

IOS 13.5.1
Iphone X
apple USB cable
Uconnect 7"
JL 2020

Mthayeck

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S Unlimited
I just upgraded from the 5ā€ to the 7ā€ and noticed it while in CarPlay using Waze. Iā€™ll keep watching this thread in case someone finds a solution.

Thanks

OP
OP
DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Yeah still no solution as far as I know. Mine still flickers anytime I use Android auto.
Sponsored