Uconnect 5inch stock Radio Cuts Out

chicoricopico

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Thanks. My radio would not accept firmware update. I’ll try another dealership next month
Changing dealer won't matter, this goes all the way up to the manufacturer. There is no firmware update that will fix this to my knowledge. Why its been more than a year and still no fix for this is insane.

Re: connnecting via bluetooth @Buzzard67 , yes you can absolutely do that and it will work fine. For me, that's not the point. That fact that I can't plug my phone into my brand new (less than 1k miles), $33k vehicle is frustrating and needs to be fixed. @JeepCares are you listening?
Sponsored

chicoricopico

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Changing dealer won't matter, this goes all the way up to the manufacturer. There is no firmware update that will fix this to my knowledge. Why its been more than a year and still no fix for this is insane.

Re: connnecting via bluetooth @Buzzard67 , yes you can absolutely do that and it will work fine. For me, that's not the point. That fact that I can't plug my phone into my brand new (less than 1k miles), $33k vehicle is frustrating and needs to be fixed. @JeepCares are you listening?
Update on my situation. Jeep/Uconnect/FCA latest fix "idea" is to replace the media hub, the module that contains the usb ports and 1/8 input. Surprise, surprise... within 30 minutes after driving out of service bay and plugging in my phone via USB, 5" unit starts to reboot every 30 seconds until I unplug my phone.

This is my 5th trip to the dealership (with less than 2k miles on the Jeep) to try and fix this.

Its getting ridiculous now.

@JeepCares why for the love of god can't you find a fix for this? AND if you can't find a fix, why are you so hellbent on keeping me from getting a 7" which would help solve the problem?

Frustration level=10

Kilroy1941

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Just had my 3rd "new" radio installed
Just stalking over from the Gladiator forum, wish I had seen this thread before I purchased my 2020 sport max tow, I have the same issues. They replaced my radio once and since it only does it sparaticly they claim to not be able to replicate, and Jeep cares says nothing they can do either despite photos and videos... also lied and told me no one else has these issues, my 2016 renegade's base radio worked 50 times better than my gladiators
Sponsored