Kentano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victoria the Mall Rat
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
1. The dealer won’t have a resolution for this because myself and plenty of others have already tried. This is one of SEVERAL threads about the UConnect 5” radio issues.

2. You can check the UConnect support website to see if there is an update for the radio based on your VIN#. (Hint: there isn’t one.)
Thanks!
Sponsored

jmd351

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Unfortunately, this is a software issue and needs to be fixed by the UConnect team. Going to a dealership and them telling me they can't do anything about this will be a waste of time on both ends -- and my particular dealer isn't very great at resolving problems. I'll just wait until a fix is pushed out via software update. Thanks for the response though. I appreciate it.

My radio was doing similar weird things and I took it in to dealer yesterday. Today when I called they said they did an update on the software. Not sure yet if that’s going to fix the issue for good but at least it sounds as though the dealerships have means of updating the software so you might try that.

Kentano

First Name
Kentano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victoria the Mall Rat
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
My radio was doing similar weird things and I took it in to dealer yesterday. Today when I called they said they did an update on the software. Not sure yet if that’s going to fix the issue for good but at least it sounds as though the dealerships have means of updating the software so you might try that.
Thanks for the update! I'll also be taking it in next week. I'll try to report back.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday morning I decided to check all my fuses after reading that many here did so and a lot were not seated. Prior to checking mine, I had no radio issues. However, after seating about 10-12 different fuses that were not fully pushed in, I started the Jeep and the radio omitted a popping sound from the speakers then rebooted, loosing the preset time.

No issues since so I am hoping that properly seating the fuses caused this as a one time event,..

Kentano

First Name
Kentano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victoria the Mall Rat
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to update this. I took it into the dealer week ago and they reflashed it. So far so good!

Sponsored

BeerGuyNS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Retail Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Three months of ownership... not one issue, till the last couple weeks. I too noticed the time would slowly get further off correct time. Three times now in the last week when plugging in my iPhone to play music, a few minutes in... pop, black screen and it reboots, and time reads 12:00. But not every time... of course.

Kentano

First Name
Kentano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victoria the Mall Rat
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer - looks like it's been resetting again on mine after the update :(

Darn.

Badger Jeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
This radio is terrible. I have to wait 30 seconds to a minute just for it to load up. Then another couple of minutes to recognize my phone. The whole time I'm pushing on the media button trying to get it to connect. TBH it should be considered a safety issue since people are trying to get the piece of junk radio working instead of paying attention to driving.

The radio in my 2008 Durango was more responsive. How does the radio in a new $40+K vehicle get outperformed by decade old tech?

linskyaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2018 JLU
I've had my JLUS for about a month now and I just realized that the time isn't being maintained accurately. Yesterday, I noticed the time in the car was 1 minute different than my phone. This morning it was 3 minutes different than my phone. When I navigated to the settings menu to manually adjust the time, the UConnect system crashed and did a hard reset (radio stations lost, time reset to 12:00, all settings reset). Turned off the car and let it sit for a little while. Came back and tried to manually set the time again by navigating to the settings menu and choosing clock settings. Radio crashed again and reset all settings.

I have the 5" UConnect 3 radio with Sat Radio. I had my iPhone X plugged in both times when this occurred.
Checked the UConnect website and entered my VIN# and there are no available updates.

Has anyone had this happen or can anyone try replicating this issue?

Repro steps:
1. Plug in phone and start playing a song via Apple Music/Spotify/whatever
2. Press the "Settings" hard button on the right side of the radio
3. Press on Clock settings
4. Press set time (forget what the actual wording says on the radio)
5. Begin entering the time (the specific time I was trying to get to was 10:16, 12hr format)
6. Radio crashes and reboots, time will say 12:00 and settings will be reset.
i’m having this issue on my jlu sport i got 11/26 and i checked on the uconnect website and it says i don’t need a software update... did anyone get this resolved?

tom231

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport. 2018 F-150 XLT Sport
i’m having this issue on my jlu sport i got 11/26 and i checked on the uconnect website and it says i don’t need a software update... did anyone get this resolved?
I had this exact problem. Take it to your dealer, they did a software update to mine about a month ago and it's been fine ever since.

Sponsored

linskyaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2018 JLU
I had this exact problem. Take it to your dealer, they did a software update to mine about a month ago and it's been fine ever since.
was it a uconnect update? when i checked the uconnect portal using my VIN it said i was up to date.

6FC15D89-AFD6-4A64-BAEC-BE134FFF8B55.png

tom231

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport. 2018 F-150 XLT Sport
was it a uconnect update? when i checked the uconnect portal using my VIN it said i was up to date.

6FC15D89-AFD6-4A64-BAEC-BE134FFF8B55.png
I have no idea. I took it in because the radio wasn't keeping time and it would reboot itself on occasion. The service tech said he had to download a software update and it was going to take several hours, so they gave me a loaner and I went home. Picked it up later that evening and I haven't had an issue with the radio since. BTW, I have the little 5 inch radio.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
The UConnect radio has a tendency to short out also according to my dealer. My issue was that it would phantom jump and change radio, songs, temperature controls at random by itself and sometimes would freeze entirely. I had this happen about four times after roughly 2mos of ownership, video'd it to show the dealer since they couldn't replicate it but knew it was a problem from past owners.

My dealer replaced the radio entirely, they stated it was a physical issue an update wouldn't patch. So if your radio is still screwy ask them to replace it.

Denverjl

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl wangler 2 door 2.4 auto , 2004 supercharged 3.3 xterra lifted 5 speed.
Only my clock is messing up. Its about 7 mins off after a month.

muskynut

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JLU SPORT-S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I may have the same issue, but I have had 2 up dates for this 5.0 Uconnect. The first time in it was to correct a feed back issue, it did, then I had an issue with the phone connection keeping the favorite contacts menu, they would go blank. I would have to re enter the contacts, and in a while it would happen again. The second time in the service department at my dealership did an up date and said it was fixed. A month later it still does it. Today I glanced at the time and it said 9:35 but it wasn't it was 2:20. Went into the menu for the clock, set the time from the GPS setting and it would hold. Clicking on to the GPS setting it reverted back to 9:39.

I might add that if I enter my VIN to check if up dates were needed for my 2018 JLUSs, none available is the reply.

Anyone else? I'll be taking it in for the 3rd time soon, and if it happens again. ...? New Component.
Sponsored