UConnect 5" isn't maintaining accurate time & restarts

Kilroy1941

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Dealer will just replace it with another defective radio. Stalked over from gladiator forum looking from time to time if any fixes are out. Jeep just keeps selling the same defective units. Mine has all of the symptoms as well. Friend of mine has a 2018 JL sport, same issues. Jeep cares and dealership have no fixes. There is a class action lawsuit for the uconnect from 2017 to 2019 in the Pacifica, maybe one will be started for the jeeps next.
Sponsored

Kentano

First Name
Kentano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victoria the Mall Rat
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
I got a notice in the mail that these FCA electronic issues would qualify under the lemon law (some lawyers trying to make a buck). My radio has the same quirks and I figure I’ll just deal with it. At least now it won’t freeze up when I connect my iPhone.

I saw on crutchfield some double din radios can be installed for around 800. Might just do that one day.

Last edited:

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’ve had this issue from day 1 but I’m changing out the radio either way. Had anyone tried using an authentic Apple cable?

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
After being late to work I realized my radio was off and started tracking it. I am losing about 5-7 minutes a month on my 5” screen.This is a rediculous problem.

of course it’s Not as bad as my wife’s issue where the lcd capacitive screen (8” )separated on our 2018 grand Cherokee.

Any solutions on this yet?

Kilroy1941

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
After being late to work I realized my radio was off and started tracking it. I am losing about 5-7 minutes a month on my 5” screen.This is a rediculous problem.

of course it’s Not as bad as my wife’s issue where the lcd capacitive screen (8” )separated on our 2018 grand Cherokee.

Any solutions on this yet?
Jeep cares tells me there is an update coming. My radio does this too, and the short pop that resets the whole radio. Still waiting on official release date

Sponsored

Vaunswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Jeep cares tells me there is an update coming. My radio does this too, and the short pop that resets the whole radio. Still waiting on official release date
That’s good to know. I’ll be over 36000 in a month and yesterday mentioned this to my dealer for warranty repair. I have a receipt saying no tsb for issue and therefore no fix. I would assume that this will be covered when a fix is available. Any thoughts on that?

Kilroy1941

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
That’s good to know. I’ll be over 36000 in a month and yesterday mentioned this to my dealer for warranty repair. I have a receipt saying no tsb for issue and therefore no fix. I would assume that this will be covered when a fix is available. Any thoughts on that?
Well depends on if you have a good dealership, I wouldn't expect former FCA now Stella to take care of you after unless you have an extended warranty. My dealerships here are no good

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Well depends on if you have a good dealership, I wouldn't expect former FCA now Stella to take care of you after unless you have an extended warranty. My dealerships here are no good
If he had an extended warranty it would actually be Mopar that he had to deal with. But yes after the 3/36 factory warranty, he is pretty much out of luck.
Sponsored