Sponsored

UConnect 4C (8.4") for 2021 Actually Automatically Plays Bluetooth on Startup

seanpublic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Sport S
What a nice surprise. It might be time to revive the OEM head unit upgrade thread to the latest head unit. I have no idea if the UConnect 4 (7") works the same for 2021. Too early to speculate on stability. (Not going to jinx myself.)

PS: I'm talking about starting it the next morning. Even the old units would stay in Bluetooth media mode during a quick restart.
Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
The 8.4 on my 2018 JLR always remembered the BT connection and resumed playing regardless of how long the Jeep sat without being driven, unlike my JK.

OP
OP

seanpublic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Really? People were posting that the 4C unit didn't seem to remember media mode Bluetooth either in 2018. Maybe that was misinformation being posted.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Really? People were posting that the 4C unit didn't seem to remember media mode Bluetooth either in 2018. Maybe that was misinformation being posted.
Could also be that theirs didn't have the latest firmware. I do recall comparing hardware versions with other 2018 owners and mine was a newer model, since my Jeep was built late July. MAybe that also had something to do with it. I probably have the same radio as 2019.

Reneli

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2D
Unfortunately, my 2021 sport s that was built in September does not revert to the last audio source. It’s really frustrating especially since from what I am seeing there is no real fix.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
My BT connection always comes thru on my 2018 but there is a lag in the connection and during the lag it defaults to SAT radio so I have to select the music from my phone every-time, the BT connection does connect every-time but there is that annoying lag in connection and when I first kept bugging the Uconnect ppl they said it was a iPhone issue and Apple said it was Uconnect so now I just plug it in every time and use CarPlay

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
Unfortunately, my 2021 sport s that was built in September does not revert to the last audio source. It’s really frustrating especially since from what I am seeing there is no real fix.
ever figure out a fix? dirves me nuts in my 2022 sport s....

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL 2dr Sport S
i wish! They even swapped it and it still does the same thing. I just learned to live with it.
ah well. thanks for responding. have a great weekend! maybe i'll find an 8.4 and give it a go...
Sponsored