Uconnect 3 to 4 8.4” upgrade - programming HVAC

WiSas

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Sport 2D (6M)
Swapped the 5” UConnect 3 in my 21’ JL 2DR to the 8.4” UConnect 4 and got the upgraded HVAC panel to get the knobs back for volume and tune. My AC stopped working with the new panel and I think its because the car needs to be programmed to think its dual zone to allow it to talk to the new HVAC panel. I’m going to change it using JScan, theres options for dual zone “ATC” and “MTC”, which one is correct? I dont have any of the sensors for auto climate control so should I go with MTC?
Sponsored

rjpkrp

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2021 JLUD Sport S,
Occupation
Clergy
So was your 5.0 a SXM equipped headunit? If so, did you have to add anything else, other than the 8.4 headunit to get SXM and NAV working? My wife has a '19 with the 5" screen and SXM. I have both a 7" unit and a 8.4" unit that I can swap in (along with climate control). I don't want to run any wires/antenna, just want to plug'n'play (other than jscan).

Thanks.

Sponsored

Untillater

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sporticon
is Jscan the only option to flash for this?
Alfaobd also works. for alfa you need a security bypass module (ECRI on amazon) and a bluetooth elm327 code reader.

alfa has 1 time cost of $50 for unlimited number of vehicles, vs jscan $25 per vehicle (vin locked)

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

is Jscan the only option to flash for this?
A Tazer should work as well.

Set DualZone

“DualZone”
: This setting allows the use of the single zone or dual zone center stack button assembly. Useful when upgrading from a 5” radio to 7 or 8.4, and swapping in the dual zone controls that come with volume knobs. Note: the system will still be single zone in this case, only the driver controls will change the temperature.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

If so, did you have to add anything else, other than the 8.4 headunit to get SXM and NAV working? My wife has a '19 with the 5" screen and SXM.
You're good to go since the vehicle has SXM. The SXM and GPS antenna are one unit.

botlfed98

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
A Tazer should work as well.

Set DualZone

“DualZone”
: This setting allows the use of the single zone or dual zone center stack button assembly. Useful when upgrading from a 5” radio to 7 or 8.4, and swapping in the dual zone controls that come with volume knobs. Note: the system will still be single zone in this case, only the driver controls will change the temperature.
can anyone else verify this?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

botlfed98

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Verify what? That info is from the Tazer user manual.
ok cool, i just looked at Tazer cut sheet & it doesn’t mention it…i haven’t decided between JSCAN or tazer yet
Sponsored