Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Hi Daniel,

We're sorry to hear about the concerns you're experiencing with your Uconnect system and pairing with your iPhone. If you'd like any additional assistance while working with your dealer to get this addressed, feel free to send us a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
It pairs just fine…for now. Just this message and now no Apple CarPlay either.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It pairs just fine…for now. Just this message and now no Apple CarPlay either.
Please feel free to keep us updated on your dealership visit and let us know if you have any questions/concerns at all. I look forward to hearing your progress update!

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Dumb question but figured it's worth an ask - do you have any phone charging cables plugged in? we had a similar problem and the cable was bad.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Dumb question but figured it's worth an ask - do you have any phone charging cables plugged in? we had a similar problem and the cable was bad.
I thought of that too. I wish that was the case or that we forgot that there was a Bluetooth device in the vehicle that truly was not “supported”.

I even plugged a couple of known good cables to see if there was a change. Nope.

Coronado

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
“Device Not Supported” appeared on my UConnect several times during first week of ownership (iPhone 12). Determined UConnect did not like when my phone ‘locked.’ Turned-off auto-lock on my iPhone and haven’t had a problem since.

Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I thought of that too. I wish that was the case or that we forgot that there was a Bluetooth device in the vehicle that truly was not “supported”.

I even plugged a couple of known good cables to see if there was a change. Nope.
bummer, good luck on your troubleshooting journey...

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
Going back to the cable, did you try the original cable that came with the phone?

I have an Android (Samsung S8) and plugged it in with a good aftermarket cable. That cable works, I can fast charge it, works fine with my computer, and all that... When I used it for the Jeep, it said something like device not supported. I read something that said use the OEM samsung made cable that came with the phone. I did, and android auto started working just fine.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
“Device Not Supported” appeared on my UConnect several times during first week of ownership (iPhone 12). Determined UConnect did not like when my phone ‘locked.’ Turned-off auto-lock on my iPhone and haven’t had a problem since.
Hmm. Was it hooked up or just on Bluetooth at those times?

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Going back to the cable, did you try the original cable that came with the phone?

I have an Android (Samsung S8) and plugged it in with a good aftermarket cable. That cable works, I can fast charge it, works fine with my computer, and all that... When I used it for the Jeep, it said something like device not supported. I read something that said use the OEM samsung made cable that came with the phone. I did, and android auto started working just fine.
That was my first instinct. No bueno.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

iPhone 11 and just updated to 14.5.
14.5.1 was just released. Try updating to that.

Also, forgot to ask, when plugging in which port are you using?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
14.5.1 was just released. Try updating to that.

Also, forgot to ask, when plugging in which port are you using?
Did that too. lol

IF I plug in, it’s typically the dash location. I get the message either way, wire connected or not. I was suspicious if a port is the problem too.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara

ecoastsrfr

First Name
Chally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
So I got this same error message today. However, I don't believe my issue is quite the same as yours.

I got the error message when hooking up a wireless charger. I've used several different cords, and both USB and USB-C ports. The UConnect system for some reason just doesn't like the wireless charger, which is super frustrating since all I need/want it to do is send power to the wireless charger...I don't need it to do CarPlay, and my bluetooth connection seems to work fine with my phone.

Wireless charger I'm using...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PK4YSD...abc_1W5NPX0Z2DDPMW949GN7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
So I got this same error message today. However, I don't believe my issue is quite the same as yours.

I got the error message when hooking up a wireless charger. I've used several different cords, and both USB and USB-C ports. The UConnect system for some reason just doesn't like the wireless charger, which is super frustrating since all I need/want it to do is send power to the wireless charger...I don't need it to do CarPlay, and my bluetooth connection seems to work fine with my phone.

Wireless charger I'm using...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PK4YSD...abc_1W5NPX0Z2DDPMW949GN7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
An overly complicated work around would be to to get a 12v usb outlet and tap the cigarette lighter from the back or if you have the aux cabling by the passenger side. I usually like to take the path of most resistance so I would probably do that. :)
Sponsored